LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to know everyones thoughts?

+7
Vaylen
Nabsten
Micha_Amasai
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Cirin Icerider
Kouga Lunic
Admin
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I want to know everyones thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: I want to know everyones thoughts?

Post  Admin Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

Tommy,

I'm going to go ahead and convert you over lol, we will be converting over soon. So everyone be reading up!

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

I want to know everyones thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: I want to know everyones thoughts?

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 am

Leave it to Tommy! ... ...

Thou I must say, after reading most of it I can accept and live with, not a big deal the ONLY thing I truly! TRULY HATE is 100pt Slays/Assassinates, that to me just makes NO SINCE!

But, I'm willing to give 9th a try and go with it! ... so I'll keep reading up and be ready!!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 am

okay I have read through most of the book, still skipped a few things. Here is my thoughts on the whole new set of rules. Some I like some I don't like.

Cost of barbarian slay should be like hobbling dodge at 12bp (actually think both should be 15bp)

Like Scarr can by waylay, not that sure on the whole change in waylay, I think it should be a sneaky type attack. I can see it as a times per day attack, but it should be per time you purchase it and not by levels

Combining things to smithing is good

Unconscious down to 1 minute, everything else was shortened to 5 minutes, I think unconscious should be 5 minutes

Cost of wear extra armor and beginning class limits.

It appears that they are trying to make Templars more fighters and less casters, with the decreased cost of fighting skills and increased spell costs. (just an observation)

The requirement for level of alchemy before can throw I do agree, brings it in line with spells for casters. And forces alchemy rouges to actually spend some build in alchemy. I don’t like some of the gases and potions they removed. Laugh, love, and slow were so much fun to RP.

The 100 point slay/assassinate sounds good at first, but I do not like it. The current way to calculate a slay is based on your proficiency with a weapon. For RP reasons we need more tying of skills together, not just generic calls. I blame this on the dumbing down of America, as apparently few people could figure out the simple formula for damage calculation for these attacks.
I don’t like the increased cost of smithing items from the playtest, but I can deal with that. Cost of stuff just went up. I would prefer they kept the deceitful blade and mighty slayer instead of the new slay amount.

Okay rant on armor. Page 12 of this book clearly shows that the fighter is the one most adept at wearing armor, fighting, and hit points. Going by the blocks it shows a fighter 4x over a scholar and 2x over templar and rouge. Then WTF does a fighter only have 5 more armor starting out than templar and rouge and 10 more than a scholar? Also the limit of extra armor is the same for all classes at almost the exact same cost (scholars are a bit higher). I can understand lowering the initial amount of armor, 10 (S), 20 (T and R), 30 (F) or 10(S), 15(R), 20(T), 30(F). But a fighter at the same level as another character should be a much better tank, not a slightly better or even. And why does the armor not breach if it is damaged, if your armor was damaged to the point of no effectiveness and you refit it, it should have been damaged some and be less effective. Also why can’t you help someone refit armor??

I like the arrows are yellow and can be without the tails, I think that might make archery a bit more attractive to use. Currently it is not used as much as it should be.

On spells: I really need to read them for Hetrood’s sake a lot more. It seems to me they have added everything from the playtests. We have debated the bless/greater/bless/shield/greater shield on this board before and I think we all agreed it was best left as it was.

The size of some of the traps does seem to be a bit big, I think the trap size should be dependent on the amount of damage. Small trap does small damage, bigger trap more damage.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Travis, did you say we would be converting soon? Thought we were gonna wait until the year was out?

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Ben,

Nope after the next event at the two day I'm going to have it full swing.

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm on board! ... Lets go! ...

They want people to use it, try it, play it, and we really have NO right to criticize it, until we play it, and see it in action! ...

Then, we can make recommendation on what needs to be done, or how it might work better! ....

(I still hate 100pts slays, but oh well!!)

Michael!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:02 pm

well lets see how things go in March. At least I don't have to bring as much stuff with me.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

I dislike the waylay rule a lot!
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:30 pm

If we are doing this then how will production work for goblin points? 400 production can make 5times the amount of alchemy now?

Back to top Go down

Post  Nabsten Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Under the current Goblin rules, you are allowed to make one LEVEL of production per goblin point spent, up to a maximum of 100. Assuming this doesn't change, you could still make 100 levels of production. 100 Intoxicants (as opposed to the 200 you can get now) or 10 Forget-it-wells, or 25 Poison shields, etc.

So the cost for many items is actually higher. However, with the new Trade Mastery and Materials rules, under normal production (meaning not goblins) you have the potential to create much more stuff (especially of the higher level items).

I am so glad they got rid of production points and went to a straight level system!!!!

Oh, and I just realized that it is now Charm gas poison, haha!!!

-N
Nabsten
Nabsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Nabsten Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Vincient_Valicker wrote:The only people that will care are the overpowered ones that have played for years and reached an absurdly high level. It's out of that comfort zone that's been there for years and years.

Oh, and Tommy,

This absurdly high level, overpowered player, who has been playing for years was the one of the first ones to come out and really say "This sounds good, lets give it a try." Very Happy Some of my absurdly high level, overpowered friends, who have been playing longer than I have helped write these changes. Haha

Seriously though, I think it will have a minimal effect on gameplay and almost no effect on Roleplay.

-N
Nabsten
Nabsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Cool, let's do this!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:24 pm

I'll miss my bountifull waylays though Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Puppy if you like, I'll teach you how to fight along with the rest of the militia come march. You don't need to join, I'll teach you anyway so you won't have to use so many waylays anyway. Sound good? So goblins are used for 1=1 Production Level up to a maximum of 100? Sounds good to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

I thk ima npc for a while.
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:46 pm

its probably smarter to just play it. honestly Joel, its not that big a change for rogues. The only the ones that got over done is templar.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:13 pm

On a lighter note; Gorbe get waylay! Woohoo...now all I need to do is get Ti Tie to teach it to Kath and I'll have an actual reason for it suddenly showing up on my character sheet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Ah, teaching waylay. *evil smirk* sounds like a good time

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Eh, she'd have to teach him anyway if they're ever gonna do nefarious things together...that is, work together...

Back to top Go down

Post  Nabsten Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:53 pm

"Your name is Nefarious?"

HAHAHAHA!!! Sorry, but after watching Die You Zombie Bastards, thats all I can think of when someone says nefarious!!!!

If you haven't seen it, you should.... Force yourself to watch the entire thing.... At the end, you will be glad you did!!!
Nabsten
Nabsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 pm

I haven't seen it but now, I think I have to...

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:35 am

Templars rock but only after 30th level for those that want to play one.

Templars in 9th edition got lots of boosts no more 15-20-25-25-25-25-25 for my profs now is just 18 -18-18-18-18-18-18. I will come out ahead they helped me get more skills so all the build I save give me my 10 level of Alchemy for gases only need 9 but hey got the 10 for posteraity. Then won't need more then 20 levels of formal another save yep they just paided for my two slays wea and extra armor. I'm working on a 7 block with the rest of my build thank you 9th editon Smile

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zara Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Zara is looking forward to trying the 9th ed. rules. I can't wait to see what the venerable gypsy will be able to accomplish -- once I finally see my character sheet, that is! LOL

Zara

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincient_Valicker Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:47 am

Nabsten wrote:
Vincient_Valicker wrote:The only people that will care are the overpowered ones that have played for years and reached an absurdly high level. It's out of that comfort zone that's been there for years and years.

Oh, and Tommy,

This absurdly high level, overpowered player, who has been playing for years was the one of the first ones to come out and really say "This sounds good, lets give it a try." Very Happy Some of my absurdly high level, overpowered friends, who have been playing longer than I have helped write these changes. Haha

Seriously though, I think it will have a minimal effect on gameplay and almost no effect on Roleplay.

-N

Honestly? I was drunk when I wrote that. LOL. But sure! That works. Twisted Evil
Vincient_Valicker
Vincient_Valicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarab Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:53 pm

So you will be using these on your one day on Feb 19th?

I like looking over chapters boards and reading people's opinions.

When you look at 100 pt slay is does seem kinda scary. I just try to look at it as another take-down...one that you can get back up with just a cure light.

Scarab
Scarab

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next