LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improved Slays and Assassinates Playtest

2 posters

Go down

Improved Slays and Assassinates Playtest Empty Improved Slays and Assassinates Playtest

Post  Admin Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 pm

NERO® Improved Slays / Assassinates Playtest
Version 1.1 3-21-12
For NERO Rules: PRO / Travis Fauber

This playtest is designed to let slays and assassinates build up over time, using an easy system. This way lower level characters get to have the feeling they are always adding more to their character over time. It also lets higher level characters still receive the extra hitting power they worked so hard to achieve in the first place.

In this playtest all slays are ten times the number of proficiences the character has and all assassinates are twenty times the number backstabs their character has spent their build on. The fourth slay and assassinate will always be a blade fury doing double the base damage

Example:

Terik has a seven master proficiencies, so his slay is 10 x 7 = 70

E’nick has twenty back stabs so his assassinate is 20 x 20 = 400

E’nick has at least four back assassinates giving him a blade fury of 400 x 2 = 800

Please also note that all barbarian racial slays will always be 100 points of damage. This will never increase or go down as this is a racial ability for their race.

This playtest is to enhance the roleplay experience of all players in the 9th edition system.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction to play test)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Improved Slays and Assassinates Playtest Empty Re: Improved Slays and Assassinates Playtest

Post  Jeeves Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 pm

This definitely makes more sense than the 9th ed way of slays. Makes slays more balanced. I don't understand why assassinates are double the damage of slays though that seems really overpowered...

Last edited by Jeeves on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeeves
Jeeves

Back to top Go down

Improved Slays and Assassinates Playtest Empty Re: Improved Slays and Assassinates Playtest

Post  Admin Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Eric,

I fixed the mistake I made about backstab and assassinates when figuring out when you get a blade fury. I understand how it seems over powering, but keep this in mind. My character is a rogue I do 50s from behind currently where I go I only do 100 with a assassinate and 200 with a blade fury. So its not worth it for me to use my assassinate for offense but to use it for the dodge. This playtest I purpose will give me and other rogues like me trust me there are others out there, doing 20s and 40s or 10s and 30s. A reason to consider using my limited attack area and get out of jail free card for offense.

Plus, keep in mind a proficiency gives a figher +1 damage all around and a backstab gives a rogue +2 but in a limited attack area. This is why I made them twenty instead of ten, but we are play testing this so we will see how it works. Very Happy

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeeves Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:46 pm

T,

I see that when you consider that you are giving up a dodge every time you use an assassinate as opposed to a parry for a slay its more balanced. The dodge avoids most attacks be they magical or physical, but the parry only stops weapon blows. Makes way more sense now.
Thanks for clarifying that for me T.
-Schmidt
Jeeves
Jeeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down