LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armor Bonus Playtest

4 posters

Go down

Armor Bonus Playtest Empty Armor Bonus Playtest

Post  Admin Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:04 pm

NERO® Armor Bonus Playtest
Version 1.0 3-21-12
For NERO Rules: Travis Fauber

This playtest is designed to enhance the quality of clothing and armor at events. We understand that players come from many different income levels and we have listed below what each material will be considered when being checked by a armor marshall.

The playtest also rewards those that do wear armor by giving them a bonus above the maxmium for each material section plate, chain, and leather as outlined in the 9th edition rule book.
The last part of this playtest is set up to reward those that have great pieces of real armor, for their enhancement of the game.

Armor & Materials

Plate (Plate mail, Scale mail, Splint mail, Brigandine, etc…): Metal, Hard Plastic, & Foam*

Chain (Chain mail, Ring mail, Studded Armor, etc…): Metal & Hard Plastic

Leather (Leather Armor, Heavy Cloth Armor, Padded Armor, Fur, etc…): Leather, Fake Leather, Heavy Cloth, Padded Cloth, & Fur

If you add up the points in the 9th edition rule book you will notice that all the collums for Plate, Chain, & Leather all add up to the total at the bottom. Plate being 45, Chain being 30, & Leather being 15, this means that your armor is considered your costume and you do not get a “Costume Bonus” for wearing it.
So to reward those that do wear armor this playtest gives them a bonus five for wearing their armor or “Costume Bonus” above the base maxmuim in the 9th edition rule book.

Making the totals now for a full suit of Plate: 50, Chain 35, and Leather 20. You will not have to buy wear extra armor for this bonus. It’s a bonus for helping us enhance the game by wearing armor for your character’s protection.

Now the last part of this playtest is to reward those that have spent the money, and/or hard work to make a real suit of armor. This additional bonus is to be added to bonus five for wearing armor. The bonus for real armor is ten, making the totals now for wearing a full suit Plate: 60, Chain: 40, and Leather 25. You will not have to buy wear extra armor for this bonus.

If you wish to receive these bonus points as always you must have you armor checked by the chapter’s armor marshall. They are the final word on wither your armor counts in getting this bonus or if you have enough pieces for bonus points.

This playtest is to enhance the roleplay experience of all players in the 9th edition system.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Armor Bonus Playtest Empty Re: Armor Bonus Playtest

Post  Jeeves Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:09 pm

This is my favorite play test so far it really makes owning real armor worth it!
Jeeves
Jeeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Eric,

You don't like any of the others???? Razz

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeeves Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:27 pm

The other ones are good but I think that this one helps to improve the atmosphere of the game by encouraging people to wear actual armor rather than plastic etc. I think this will have the greatest effect in game.
Jeeves
Jeeves

Back to top Go down

Post  salsa (ben mathis) Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Plate should be 55 if it is real armor, yeah? I like it.

Ben

salsa (ben mathis)

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Okay time to get that new suit I have been wanting. Very Happy
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Eric,

Awesome, I'm glad you really like it.

Ben,

I want to still reward the person alittle bit more then someone that has armor but is hard plastic in all the right places. Plus, I like keeping things closer even numbers and I know its still hard. Plus, the best thing going for someone like you is if some big plate wearing guy comes at you just burn him down with celestial because armor don't count here Smile with the Magic to Body Playtest we are using Twisted Evil

Adam,

I can't wait to see you in a real suit of plate it will be uber.

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  salsa (ben mathis) Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Legit. I like this a lot. Should be a fun time!

Ben

salsa (ben mathis)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down