LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking advice Master Kelvaren

4 posters

Go down

Seeking advice Master Kelvaren Empty Seeking advice Master Kelvaren

Post  Terik Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 am

I as I have adventured, I have increased my knowledge of celestial magics. Though my skills are limited, I am quickly approaching the 7th circle. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to advise me on which spells you find most useful to commit to memory. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My best to A.C.,
T.Locklain
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Seeking advice Master Kelvaren Empty Re: Seeking advice Master Kelvaren

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:27 am

Terik,

While I am not Celestial caster, I do travel along side one..... He stated that the main 7th Circle spells he cast are "Ice Bolts" and "Guardian of the four" We have even made use of "Mystic Lock " before....

We would also like some advice from Master Kelvaren?

Micah
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Seeking advice Master Kelvaren Empty Spells

Post  Nabsten Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:16 am

Terik, Micah,

For the 7th circle of magic, it is difficult to say what the most important spell would be. Both Edgar's Overlying Hearth and Andraya's Dimesional Box are extremely important and should always be in memory.

In all seriousness however, the most useful spell is undoubtedly Kalliestro’s Elemental Maelstrom. It is the only true offensive spell in that circle. That being said, the Ice Storm does have many limitations. There are many creatures who are immune or resistant to Ice effects, including many types of undead.

Bertold’s Mystic Barrier can be very useful in the right situation, as those of you who helped assault the mines may remember. A scroll for this spell can be made or purchased and I do recommend having easy access to one if you don't have this spell in memory. It is not a spell I often use, but it can be a life saver and in situations where it is needed, it is needed very quickly. For those who have the ability to memorize more than 1 spell of the 7th circle, it is not a bad idea to have one in memory. Limitations of this spell are of course that it can be dispelled by an opponent and can give your group a few seconds to reorganize.

Dalton’s Mystic Befriending is another spell which has moments when it is useful, but I find them to be few and far between. A scroll or two of this spell is good to have on hand for interrogations and similar such matters, but it is not one I would store in memory.

Janos’ Specific Protection can be a useful spell to memorize if you are planning to assault creatures of an elemental nature. In such situations it makes for a very useful defense. Otherwise however, it is not a spell I would recommend that newer adventurers memorize.

The aforementioned spells commonly known as Extended Hearth and Mystic Lock are, in all honesty, spells I have never used aside from initially learning them.

The 7th circle of magic is the one I personally find least useful, other than perhaps the 3rd. Many of you likely however take a different approach to battle and even to magic in general than do I. And of course, these recommendations are highly situational. Circumstance changes everything.

If you find my reccomenations useful, I would be more than happy to assist with further recommenations for all circles of magic. Such as which spells are better suited to be stored in memory compared to which should be kept as scrolls. Or even comparisons of similar spells Shield or Reflect Magic. Or that an endow is good for memory, whereas a delayed endow is best suited for scrolls. There is of course for that debate the consideration of Elemental Blades. Ah... pardon my blathering. If you seek further advice, do not be afraid to ask.

Humbly,
Kelvaren
Avalon's Crown
Nabsten
Nabsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:10 am

Master Kelvaren,
Once again, I am in your debt. Your guidance is most valuable. I have so many questions I would love to ask, but I fear they are far too many to commit to parchment. Next Market Day we meet, I insist that you have food and drink on me, meanwhile I shall bombard you with questions.

Greatfully,
T.Locklain
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Seeking advice Master Kelvaren Empty elemental blades

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Master Kelvaren,

What is your thoughts on the usefulness of elemental blades and the best defense for them? also why do yo consider the delay endow to be best as a scroll instead of memorized? please help this drunken dwarf fighter understand some of the magic stuff.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Nabsten Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Avril,

Delayed endow is more useful as a scroll because it is not an immediate use type of spell. In an immediate use situation, an endow would be more appropriate. Also, it would take up a useful second circle spell, which could be used to memorize a Magic Armor.

As for elemental blade, it is a spell which can be quite usefull in many situations. If you have the choice of Delayed endows or Elemental blades, I recommend having two Elemental blades and 1 Delayed endow on your spirit. Elemental blade is obviously a good spell to activate when fighting against creatures of the elemental influence; Ice vs. Flame or Lightning Vs. Stone. Also, keep in mind that if you have a chance to Slay a creature of this type, it may be damaged MUCH more greatly if you slay it while using an elemental blade spell. Also, keep in mind that some creatures are can only be given a killing blow by a certain element. Again, you can use an elemental blade in this situation.

It isn't something I use all the time, but it does have its advantages.

-Kelvaren
Nabsten
Nabsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down