LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personality questions for characters

3 posters

Go down

Personality questions for characters Empty Personality questions for characters

Post  Vaylen Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:20 am

So this is a great way of fleshing out the personality of your characters I used it alot when I table-topped. Answer each question as your character and you really get a feel for who your character is. Here's my character as an example. (note this is out of character... no metagaming Razz ) Feel free to post your characters' responses if you like.

What is your full name? Vaylen Trystian Locklain
Where were you born? Grahn, Willowdark
Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like? Terik, he has his uses.
Where do you live now, and with whom? Haven, Often with filthy dwarves.
What is your occupation? Healer/Scholar/Scribe
Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? Virtually non-existent stamina, and a deadly reaction to alchemy
What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? Idiot, Imbecile, Moron, Indeed
What do you have in your pockets? Spell Components
Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Facial twitch when annoyed.
How would you describe your childhood in general? Wretched.
What is your earliest memory? Watching other children play with Terik
How much schooling have you had? A great deal.
Did you enjoy school? Very much so.
Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? From My Mother Reigen
While growing up, did you have any role models? No
While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? Always the smart ass.
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Loved.
As a child, what were your favorite activities? Puzzles.
As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? Timid, Shy, Cautious
As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? No friends at all.
When and with whom was your first kiss? Gabriel Pyre, 16
Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? Hardly, 16
What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? Being Approached by Na’Duhn
Who has had the most influence on you? Terik
What do you consider your greatest achievement? Dealing a killing blow to a Chimera
What is your greatest regret? Not creating an undead Chimera.
What is the most evil thing you have ever done? Killing my first love.
Do you have a criminal record of any kind? Not officially.
When was the time you were the most frightened? Meeting Na’Duhn
What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? I don’t get embarrassed, I don’t care what feeble minded simpletons think of me.
Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? Pessimistic.
What is your greatest fear? Losing Terik
What are your views on sex? A useful tool to manipulate others.
In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? Be subservient.
Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? No
What do you believe makes a successful life? Knowledge & Power
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings? Muahahaha
Do you have any biases or prejudices? Yes, Nobility
Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? No.
Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Terik
In general, how do you treat others? As I have been treated
Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Terik, he is the only person I trust.
Who is the person you respect the most, and why? E’nick the most powerful caster I know.
Who are your friends? I tolerate the Micah, Ti, and Arvil… They have their uses.
Do you have a spouse or significant other? No.
Have you ever been in love? No.
What do you look for in a potential lover? What I can take from them.
How close are you to your family? Most are dead.
Have you started your own family or want to start one? HA!
Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? Micah
Do you trust anyone to protect you? Terik
If you died or went missing, who would miss you? Terik
Who is the person you despise the most? Lannessa. She has no understanding of life and death.
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Argue
Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Command
What is your most treasured possession? Medallion
What is your favorite color? Grey
What is your favorite food? Asparagus
What, if anything, do you like to read? Lore Books
What makes you laugh? Honor and Morality
What, if anything, shocks or offends you? Idiocy
What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? Study
How do you deal with stress? Curse
Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? Plan
What are your pet peeves? Ignorance
What is your greatest strength as a person? My ambition
What is your greatest weakness? My need for others
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? More powerful
Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted
Are you generally organized or messy? Well organized
What are Three things you are good at? Observation, Understanding, Wit.
What are three things you are bad at? Keeping my mouth shut, tolerating Others, following
Do you like yourself? Immensely
What are your reasons for being an adventurer? To find a place in Amrun Taury where I can be myself.
What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? Immortality.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In a tower made from the bones of my enemies unlocking the mysteries of life and death.
If you could choose, how would you want to die? By watching time itself wither into dust.
What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? To fear the undead version of me.
What three words best describe your personality? Witty, Urban, Driven
What three words would others probably use to describe you? Jackass, Manipulative, Condescending
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Personality questions for characters Empty Re: Personality questions for characters

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Great character description Daniel. Thought I would add some about Arvil to this.

What is your full name? Arvil Boulderbreaker of Clan Stoneforge
Where were you born? Dwarvian Village of Shattered Shields, just outside the land of Willowdark
Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like? 6 of them 5 brothers and 1 sister
Yailen (Sister), Outspoken and opinionated she is always putting us brothers down for not being a girl.
Armil II, Miner and fighter is following in the footsteps of our father. Stoic in nature but when riled is fierce fighter.
Bimli, Fun loving apprentice templar to Master Rockborer.
Migan, Adventuresome type. Hopes to follow me once he completes his fighter training.
Segnar, The undecided. He can’t decide if he wants to be a soldier, miner, smith, brewer, wood cutter, etc. always changing his mind on what he wants.
Galir. The baby of our family. He has only just now began to grow a real beard, and can hardly finish off 2 pitchers of ale by himself.

Where do you live now, and with whom? I did have a Tavern in Haven to sleep and drink in till the Hags destroyed it. Currently have a small shack in the border lands that I am hoping to build up into a tavern some day.
What is your occupation? Blacksmith, Brewer, Fighter
Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? I be slow of foot
What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? Oh crap, Give me an ale, prepare to die!
What do you have in your pockets? Few coins, file, ore, gems
Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Shake me head when others do something stupid, pull on me beard when thinking.
How would you describe your childhood in general? Fun and joyful.
What is your earliest memory? Ma’s baked sourdough bread with ale (watered down a bit).
How much schooling have you had? Some: mainly smithing, fighting and brewing.
Did you enjoy school? Yes I do.
Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? From My Parents Armil and Reiliin and me Clan Elder Grand Master Smith Skarn Stoneforge.
While growing up, did you have any role models? Me Dad
While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? I was the one to watch over then, me job as the eldest.
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Just like me Pa.
As a child, what were your favorite activities? Swinging and axe and trying to kill Trolls.
As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? Strong willed and love of shiny metal
As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? Many friends only one really good friend, Ounoco of the Badger Clan.
When and with whom was your first kiss? None to this point, no female Dwarves of my age in me village, not found any adventures that interest me.
Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? Yes, anyone know any single lady Dwarves???
What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? Leaving me home to find me place in this world.
Who has had the most influence on you? Me Pa
What do you consider your greatest achievement? Helping clear the Brawnishall mines.
What is your greatest regret? First batch of ale I ever made was not fit to drink, even by a Hobling.
What is the most evil thing you have ever done? Stole some ale from me Ma’s tavern to go drinking with me friends when I was a young Dwarf.
Do you have a criminal record of any kind? No.
When was the time you were the most frightened? Me first boat ride, still not sure that me feet are ever supposed to leave dry ground.
What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? Losing a bar fight to an elf.
Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? optimistic
What is your greatest fear? Running out of Ale
What are your views on sex? Anyone know a single female Dwarf???????
In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? Humans do a lot of evil things, worst is to enslave others.
Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? It’s possible but not for all
What do you believe makes a successful life? Good times spent with close friends
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings? sure
Do you have any biases or prejudices? All Trolls are evil, never fully trust a Hobling
Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Not sure
Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Me family
In general, how do you treat others? Give them a chance to earn my respect, let them show me who they are
Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Yailen, so few Dwarf females she must be protected.
Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Terik, good commander and knowledgeable of what to do.
Who are your friends? Terik, Ounoco, Brock, and Micha’s clan.
Have you ever been in love? No. Anyone know any single lady Dwarves????????
What do you look for in a potential lover? Nice well trimmed Goatee, and big boobs.
How close are you to your family? Very, always try to write to them to see how they be doing.
Have you started your own family or want to start one? Anyone know any single Dwarf ladies?????
Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? Terik
Do you trust anyone to protect you? Terik
If you died or went missing, who would miss you? Terik, me family, and the rest of the Silver Lions
Who is the person you despise the most? Trolls in general they all should burn.
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Why waste me time arguing I know I be right.
Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? I generally take the lead of a few and follow orders of those I respect.
What is your most treasured possession? Me flame axe
What is your favorite color? Silver
What is your favorite food? Roast duck in a wine sauce with Ale
What, if anything, do you like to read? Books on how to brew better ale
What makes you laugh? Foolish behavior, generally from humans
What, if anything, shocks or offends you? Lack of honor
What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? Fire up the forge and make a weapon or two, while drinking some fine ale
How do you deal with stress? Hit things with me axe or hammer
Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? Plan
What are your pet peeves? Foolishness
What is your greatest strength as a person? Me right arm
What is your greatest weakness? Slow mover
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Move faster
Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted
Are you generally organized or messy? Organized
What are Three things you are good at? Drinking, making weapons, and Drinking
What are three things you are bad at? Running, fully commanding people, and keeping me temper
Do you like yourself? Yes, what’s not to love
What are your reasons for being an adventurer? To find me place in this world.
What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? Live a good life filled with good friends, good food and ale, and kill everything that threatens that.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In me new Tavern drinking ale (hopefully with a cute Dwarvian wife besides me)
If you could choose, how would you want to die? Chopping down a monster that is threatening me family and friends.
What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? Arvil was an all around good Dwarf.
What three words best describe your personality? Stubborn, enjoyable, steady
What three words would others probably use to describe you? Dependable, stubborn, short
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Personality questions for characters Empty Re: Personality questions for characters

Post  Kouga Lunic Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:47 pm

What is your full name? Kouga Lunic
Where were you born? I don't know
Do you have any siblings? If i do i've never met them.
Where do you live now, and with whom? Docktown with a jypsee caravan
What is your occupation? None...
Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses? I've got a sensitive nose .
What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? Bark,Wimper,wine,
What do you have in your pockets? Hopefully money
Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? My tail wags when i exceited.
How would you describe your childhood in general? Lonly
What is your earliest memory? Swingin a a lone swing in the middle of the woods.
How much schooling have you had? none
Did you enjoy school? No school Sad
Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? Learned what i could from whoever i could.
While growing up, did you have any role models? No
While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family? Get along is not the phase i'd use.
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Not alone...
As a child, what were your favorite activities? Wooking with traps to trap my food.
As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? Calm ,lonly.
As a child, were you popular?not at all.
Who were your friends, and what were they like? No friends at all.
When and with whom was your first kiss? No kiss if i had no friends how the hell am i soposed to get a girl.
Are you a virgin? sadly
If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? Helping rid docktown of its unwelcome visitors.
Who has had the most influence on you? Micah,Tolismir,and Aramsmas,
What do you consider your greatest achievement? Learning not to mark my territory in puplic anmore...
What is your greatest regret? So many....
What is the most evil thing you have ever done? A slilent murder. no one knows it was me to this day.
Do you have a criminal record of any kind? Yes
When was the time you were the most frightened? The day i relised i might be the last of my family.
What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? Being raised around stone elfs you feel dumb a lot.
Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic
What is your greatest fear? Being alone.
What are your views on sex? Doggy style?
In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? Put me on a leash "growl"
Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? Yes
What do you believe makes a successful life? Love and compashion.
How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings? Muahahaha
Do you have any biases or prejudices? No we are all equal.
Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Take a bath "growl"
Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Anyone. We all are equal.
In general, how do you treat others? Good in the hopes that ill make friends
Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Tolimire he's like a dad to me.
Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Micah he seems very powerfull.
Who are your friends? Everbody is Kougas friend!!!! Except Ti te but shell come around they always do.
Have you ever been in love? yes.
What do you look for in a potential lover? Blonde bout my heright and adventureses
How close are you to your family? I never knew my real family.
Have you started your own family or want to start one? No
Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? Micah
Do you trust anyone to protect you? Micah,tolismire,Aramsmas,Arvil
If you died or went missing, who would miss you? Probly no one.
Who is the person you despise the most? Whoever killed my parents.
Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Argue
Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? no
What is your most treasured possession? a pendent.
What is your favorite color? Silver
What is your favorite food? Pigs ear.
What, if anything, do you like to read? I cant read.
What makes you laugh? slow people.
What, if anything, shocks or offends you? Show offs.
What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? go stare at the moon for a while/
StudyHow do you deal with stress? Run.
Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? spontaneous but plans are good
What are your pet peeves? Annoying people or drunks.
What is your greatest strength as a person? My speed
What is your greatest weakness? My need for others
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Faster!!!
Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted
Are you generally organized or messy? messy
What are Three things you are good at? Running,walking fast,jogging.
What are three things you are bad at? Being still,reading,and fighting.
Do you like yourself? not at all.
What are your reasons for being an adventurer? To make friends.
What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? To See if any of my family is alive.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Being the leader of a might wolf pack
If you could choose, how would you want to die? Dieing old in my sleep.
What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My son/daughter
What three words best describe your personality? Loving and adventures.
What three words would others probably use to describe you? Fast,loving and posibly a bit Lecherous
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down