LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

staff vs undead

5 posters

Go down

staff vs undead Empty staff vs undead

Post  Hetrood Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:56 am

Rules clarification please:

Is a staff considered a blunt weapon when fighting undead? A staff has no thrust ability or blade so is it a blunt?? I think so but was wanting to check.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

staff vs undead Empty Re: staff vs undead

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:24 am

Adam,

Good question? However I believe that the staff would almost be considered it own weapon type.... Edge weapons have a Blade, and Blunt weapons have a head (Mace/Hammer) The Staff does not have either....?

"Elves may not use two handed swords or two handed blunt weapons, though they can use other two handed weapons[Polearms/Staffs?]"

Just my thoughts, but I will leave the rule call up to Travis or Matt....... but I too would like to know!

Michael
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:31 pm

A staff is considered a blunt weapon. It is blunt. Therefore it is a blunt weapon.

Let's look at the logic. From a medical perspective there are two types of wounds; open and closed. Open wounds those caused by sharp edges or punctures that harm the organic function of the body. Closed wounds are made by blunt force trauma and destroy the structure of a body. Though this subject is primarily fiction, the same logic would apply. Undead do not require organic functionality, however they do require the structure of the body. Ergo, weapons that would cause blunt force trauma would be considered blunt weapons. These would include maces, staves, flails, clubs, rocks, boulders, and other bludgeoning devices.

Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Adam,

Staffs are considered blunt attack weapons, but it of course has a separate skill to use it. So if a creature did have a special defense against piercing or slashing weapons, but took full to blunt attacks staff would be in that group.

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:03 am

That was what I was thinking was the logical answer, but sometimes NERO rules are not fully logical.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down