LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map - Layout of the Lands!

+2
Vaylen
Micha_Amasai
6 posters

Go down

Map - Layout of the Lands! Empty Map - Layout of the Lands!

Post  Micha_Amasai Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:30 pm

To my fellow Adventures!

Over the last year or so, we have been treading the Lands of Naringal. I believe that in order to assist us and other adventures, coming to the lands better, We should map out the area!

To date! we have been to Amrun Taury, and learned the location of Oblisk, a gate, and few other points or interest!

I would like to create a MAP, that shows the area including these key points, in location to other areas, Haven, the Mines, the mountains, etc!

If you would be able to assist me on this as to the "directions/location" of these areas in correlation to Amrun Taury, would be most helpful!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Map - Layout of the Lands! Empty Re: Map - Layout of the Lands!

Post  Vaylen Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:43 pm

If I am not mistaken, the mines run throughout the lands, with a few openings in the south and beneath the old Inn & Tavern. The mountains lie to the north beyond the lost lands. As I have noticed the areas that we have spent the most time is perhaps only the outskirts of what was once a vast city that has fallen to the powers of the earth. It only stands to reason that what we know as the tavern would have once been only a way stop for travelers to and from these cities. Perhaps it was a centralized meeting ground outside the true realms of dwarven, human, and elven civilizations. My theory would be that the elven lands were in the north east, the human lands to the west, and the dwarven lands to the south. But again this is just conjecture at this point. Please do forgive my artisic deficiencies as my talents lie in areas outside the cartography mileu.

Last edited by Vaylen on Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Friend Vaylen!

That was most helpful, and even more then I expected. I was going to attempt to "map" the area, but seeing how you have done most of it already, I may just add to yours! I believe this will be most helpful to those visiting the lands!

Until we meet again, may the earth keep you safe!

Micah
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Map - Layout of the Lands! Empty Information for the map

Post  Admin Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Vaylen,

The map you have drawn will be most useful as Micha has stated. But I wish to add what knowledge we have to help you both in you quest for having a map of the ruins of Amrun Taury. Here is what we know

The runs of Amrun Taury is surrounded by the Naer Fade woods, river to the east of it is called the Heren Duin River which flows in the Loch Naduwn sets on a much larger river that flows all over Avalon. The Loch also is very deep and has a couple of islands in it as well. The Docks are next to the Old Fort of Amrun Taury, and the Elven Tower is north in the Naer Fade woods. You have the Monoliths of Fire, Stone, Air, and Water all in the right places. The Elven Gate is also in the Naer Fade wood and its location is also marked correctly. Maybe adding a compass pointing north in the direction of the tower would help new adventurers.

Now for information that isn't added to your map, Haven is South East of Amrun Taury, the Bawnishall Mine is west of Haven, the many caves Elder Skarn spoke about are in a valley to the south west of the mines. This is where some of the people from the fort left to go to when their spirits where corrupted by the Silver Chalice. To the south of all these areas is a great swamp which we have found record to be the Vintergras Moor. The Bawnishall Mine, Haven, and those caverns are still in the southern part of the Naer Fade which breaks in to a highlands, grassy hills, with great stones area, before it meets the Vintergrass moor. Also, close to the town to the south east is a area of Barrows where we suspect the wraith came from after our first visit to Amrun Taury. To the East of all of these areas is the great river of that across Avalon in a south westernly direction around the lands of Naringal.

To the north we haven't explored much and believe the Naer Fade goes on for quite aways untill it meets the Keldpazen mountains They stretch all along the northern border of Naringal and other lands. Now from what we gather from Lord Gatenvald, Vanhardt is to the North west in the middle of the mountain range. It is stated by him the Ymirkelds have control of all except Vanhardt.

We also know that to the north east not to far from the ruins of Amrun Taury close to the river is a small set of hills that is home to many of the Rat Scavengers we have traded with over the years. We also know that a tribe of River Trolls whos village is well hidden off of the Here Duin is alled to us. There is also rumors that the Hobgoblins live to the North West in a part of the Naer Fade they control for themselves. We also know that what is left of much of the Elven Kingdom of Narinal is mostly in the area of Amrun Taury and to the north, north east. The dwarven realm of course was a underground area south of Amrun Taury and then the human kingdom was to the east, south east. The last pieces of information I have for you is that one of the islands in Loch Naduwn has a town on it devoted to slavers and pirates, plus the Loch is plagued with aquatic creatures that attack many ships for food and for treasure.

I hope this information is useful let me know if you need anything else.

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer
1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Captain Beckelheimer,
I see that your scouts and scholars have served you well in your recon; A testament to your strategic prowess. I have updated my scibbles in hopes Master Amasai may put them to use.

Last edited by Vaylen on Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Map - Layout of the Lands! Empty Changes

Post  Admin Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:40 am

Vaylen,

You have made a wonderful map, and I congratulate you on your fine work. I have a few things I need to tell you to make it perfect. The Heren Duin River flows into Amrun Taury, the river flows east for a some miles till it meets Loch Naduwn. The Loch itself is also feed by a much greater river which I do not know the name that flows all over Avalon.

Also the Naer Fade surrounds Amrun Taury and the river much like a piece of pie from the whole. Also Haven is south east of Amurn Taury and isn't very close to the great Avalon river that we don't know the name. We usually ship things down the Heren Duin and dock at a landing we have made. Then people and supplies are moved over land by hand or by beast of burden. The Bawnishall mines are closer to have then Amurn Taury to the south of town.

The Vintergas Moor is very large and covesr most of south eastern Naringal and run into the great Avalon river which we have no name for. It isn't very close to Haven in the south east their is still much forest and lowlands to go thru before seeing it. My scouts could smell it before they saw it from on of the large standing rocks in the lowlands.

I hope this helps you in your creation for a map of these lands, I believe a cartographer that was once with Leonardo died at the fort we might still be able to find some of his tools to help you after we take the fort back. I look forward to seeing you map complete and the maps their after of the lands as we discover new things and make our own changes to these lands.

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer
1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:07 am

Well done, Brother. The new map and further description has shown me more than one location my patrols have been missing. Thank you. I will reroute my patrols to reflect this updated information.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Yes this information is must valuable!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Siskananamuk Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:13 pm

WOW! Such wonderful maps! This will make a nice addition to my collection. Thanks!

Love, Hugs, and Kisses,
Sweetheart Sissie!
Siskananamuk
Siskananamuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Do you collect them for the pretty shapes or is it merely their flashy colors that draw your already strained attention? Most individuals with a reasonable panache for logic use maps to guide them through a terrain so that they don’t lose their way. It would take an extremely talented individual to actually become lost with a collection of maps. You should pride yourself on your accomplishments.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Oh Vaylen...
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Siskananamuk Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 am

Vaylen, you are quite a character. I never said I was lost from anywhere in particular. I almost always know where i am. I am lost from my family, who disappeared, without a trace, eighteen years ago. Like i said before, you cannot be lost if there is no where you are supposed to be...no?

Anyway...Yes, i like maps because they are pretty. I also like the way they smell. Especially the old ones you find in treasure boxes buried deep in a cave or ruin. There's nothing like the aroma of a memory. The smell of the charcoal rubbed into the parchment...Even ink has a particular scent...nostalgic...I like the way the charcoal feels on my hand when I add my own symbols and roads. I try to add to the maps i have as i go. I love the way the parchment sounds when I unroll them. I love the time and care one must put into them to make them perfect. Maps are most wonderful!

I may become distracted easily, but please do not insult my intelligence.

Love, hugs, and kisses,
Sweetheart Sissie!
Siskananamuk
Siskananamuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:45 am

Siska, since you feel you have some abilities in the cartography milieu perhaps you could help Master Amasai to create a proper map of the area. I will entrust you with any information I have at our first gathering and should we come across more information in the ruins we will rely on you to keep track of such artifacts. Considering you have somehow managed to remain alive for this long I think you could keep such important matters safe better than most.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Siskananamuk Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:21 am

WOW! did i just gain some respect from you, Vaylen? I'm touched. I would be glad to help you and Master Amasai with the maps. This is so exciting!
Siskananamuk
Siskananamuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:57 am

Please do not flatter yourself, Siska. I merely find that we may actually gather some use from you as a pack-mule.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Siskananamuk Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Hahahahahaha! all i can say to that is this little doodle of me sticking my tongue out at you. Razz Hahahahahahaha!
Siskananamuk
Siskananamuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Master Vaylen,

We have ventured north of the elven tower, deep into the forest.... there is a pool, a pool of magical properties... all of which I have not been able to identify. However, a few thing where observed....

First when I reached into the pool to recover Balatro's Necklace..... a black substance ran from my arm into the pool and then vanished, since then I have been having no issues with my arm being withered every morning....

Second: Jut'Sin took a drink of the water..... of which heal him to full body?

Third: Wings jumped into the pool, but the water remained calm....even while swimming just calm.

I attempted to collect some of this water to bring back for further studying, but when collected into a vial, it turn to just ordinary water.

Our stay was short as these tree looking creatures came out of the wood after we defeated the water elemental that came from the pool.... claiming their master would be happy? They where way too many of these creature for us to fend off ourselves so we retreated....

So to the north of the Elven tower into the woods resides a "pool" you may want to add it to the map, we may wish to venture back there to at a later time to study the magical properties of this pool!

Micah Amasai
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:39 am

Master of Earth Magiks Micha,

Your news makes good hearing to me ears. That this pool could heal you of your infirmities is excellent. I do not have as good of news to report. While scouting the area around Amrun Taury my party noticed the river trolls entering and leaving the town as they pleased. it appears they have switched sides on us. Never trust a troll.

AB
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 pm

AB,

We too noticed some Troll about in and out of town, while they didn't give us any trouble, it was odd to see them behaving this way.

Yes! the greatest new is that my arm is no longer cursed... now if I only knew what caused it... OH so much research I need to attend too!

Micah
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Thu May 20, 2010 10:23 am

Map - Layout of the Lands! Naring11

Map - Layout of the Lands! 7lands10

I have updated my meager scribbles with the information the good captain has provided as well as additional information I have found in my studies.

Last edited by Vaylen on Thu May 20, 2010 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 am

Friend Vaylen,

Great to see your work, I am sure that these will be of a great help to the many traveling about Naringal! ....
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Fri May 21, 2010 8:58 am

Your scribbles look good Vaylen. This helps much in our exploration of the lands.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Siskananamuk Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm

you beat me to the punch, Vaylen. i haven't been able to finish a big map of the surrounding lands yet. good job. Very Happy
Siskananamuk
Siskananamuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down