LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains

+3
Micha_Amasai
Vaylen
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains Empty Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains

Post  Admin Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:27 pm

To all,

I regret to inform you that we will not be taking back the ruins of Amrun Taury just yet. Since the successful attack on the Bawnishall Mines, one of our patrols discovered a human of unknown origins around the ruins of Amrun Taury. Our patrol took this man back to Haven for questioning about where he was from and what he was doing in the ruins.

After a few weeks of questioning and using detection magic to determine if he was telling the truth or lying. We have come to find out he is a direct descendant of the ancient peoples of Naringal. His people came from an expedition sent by the dwarven and human kingdom to hold back a feared enemy from the Keldpazen Mountains. During this time the elven court refused to send help as their last expedition was lost by all accounts. He has told us this expedition was successful and they even found what was left of the elven expedition. But as time went on they lost contact with the outside world as their own kingdoms fell to other dark powers.

In these dark years to follow many dwarves and humans intermarried, as did some humans and elves. Thus creating two cultures from what we gather, that have worked together to keep Varhardt safe. Until the last few months, they have fallen on hard times and need our help.

His people have been attacked more savagely lately by creatures allied to the Ymirkelds. They are the creatures his ancestors where sent to protect the lowlands from and now fight for their mere survival.

He has offered to give us what information he has on the gates of Naringal. Since, he used the one out side of Varhardt to travel to Amrun Taury, to look for outside help. The only problem with the knowledge he has given us, is the gate of Amrun Taury is broken. Meaning it lets other travel to Amrun Taury but one can not activate it to travel back through it.

Since, we can not use the gate which is still held by the so called "Minions of the Gate." We will be spirit walking a force to help Trevor Gatenvald's people in Varhardt, January 29th 610. If anyone is willing to help in this expedition please post on this bill or send me a private letter in Haven (swvnero@gmail.com)

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer
1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains Empty Re: Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains

Post  Vaylen Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Captain Beckelheimer,

While it is no secret that I am less than fond of physical exertion, I am more than intrigued to find out as much information from these natives as possible. I am more than willing to offer my services in this endeavor.

However, I would like to know more about these Ymirkelds and the creatures that fight with them. Any information you can ascertain from Mister Gatenvald regarding these beasts may help us better prepare for any dangers we may face.

Sincerely,

-Vaylen
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains Empty Concerning Ymirkelds and their allies

Post  Admin Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:15 am

Vaylen,

The known the allies of the Ymirkeld's are goblins, worgs, orcs, yetis, ice trolls, winter wolves, and frost giants. Many you already know how to combat, except the ice trolls, winter wolves, and frost giants. These creatures are best fought using fire, magic, and gases. Unless you are using gases on a frost giant this doesn’t seem to work as well.

The Ymirkeld's themselves can be fought only with gases and magic. They are also only killed by magical weapons using an elemental blade spell for flame, after it has pierced the heart.

I was also told to let those going know that they and their equipment will face many environmental hard ships. Gatenvald stated that he has seen many a weapon break or slip out of ones hand because of the extreme cold of Keldpazen Mountains or from the Ymirkeld's magic.

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer
1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains Empty Re: Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains

Post  Micha_Amasai Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:17 am

Captain,

The Order of Amasai will be there to assist. The. 4 of us will be traveling prior to arriving, and will see about obtaining more adventures who may want to help. My hope are that we will soon be able to understand more about Amrun Taury and the magic of is lands......

So we will be than happy to help out! If there is any thing we can do before hand to prepare please let us know......
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains Empty Support

Post  Vincient_Valicker Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:12 am

Brock and I will lend our support.
Vincient_Valicker
Vincient_Valicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:53 am

I shall be there provided the winter snows do not block the pass leading from my home village. I will also have me tavern open in Haven before we leave, and will bring some trail rashons and cooking supplies with me on our treck. In addition you all will get to try my finest brews, I have began my apprentencship to be a brewer, so come hungry and thirsty.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains Empty Keldpazen Mountains

Post  Zackari Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:47 pm

I would be delighted to join you on this adventure. It seems like a wonderful opportunity, both to delve into the history of the region and to hit things.

~Zackari
Dulce et Decorum est
Zackari
Zackari

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:41 pm

I'm in. Though I don't fear my advesaries, I don't know which will be a worse fate...to lose a limb frost bite or lose my dinner to Arvil's first attempt at brewing!

I look forward to standing once again by you all.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Terik wrote:I'm in. Though I don't fear my advesaries, I don't know which will be a worse fate...to lose a limb frost bite or lose my dinner to Arvil's first attempt at brewing!

I look forward to standing once again by you all.

Humans?? They just can't digest a good bottle of brew. Don't worry friend Terik I have a special mild brew made just for you and the other humans. Brock and Vincent I have a more potent brew for you two as I know you can handle it.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:58 pm

Does any one have magic or flame weapons besides Tron or Zane? If not we will be in need of celestial magics. I will do what I can to acquire scrolls to equip us properly.

Arvil, I look forwrd to the "Dwarven Surprise" you have brewing.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Hopefully Kelvaren will be able to join our expidition. He has both a flame blade and celestrial magics. Let us do our best to recruit others to join us. The more bodies we have the less the ones with the required blades will be risked fighting the lesser monsters.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains Empty Debt to be paided

Post  Admin Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:45 pm

To all,

Me like to remind ye of us repaying our debt to ye, the mine be in full force now. Our offer still stands to all those that helped at the Battle of Bawnishall Mines, we be only making yea one new suit of armor, shield, or weapon.

Me only recieved one letter from Micah Amasai, so far.

SKARN STONEFORGE
CLAN ELDER
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Master Smith Stoneforge, you are most gracious. Your workmanship and that of your clan is so grand I do not know what to ask for. You honor this young dwarf with your offer.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Expedition to the Keldpazen Mountains Empty Journey through the mountains

Post  Zackari Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 am

I regret to inform you all that I will no longer be able to acompany you on this journey. I have pressing issues that I must attend to in my homeland. I beg your forgivness for my inability to aide such fine comrades as I have come to know in this endeavor.

~Zackari
Dulce et Decorum est
Zackari
Zackari

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Disheartening to say the least. Indeed your talents will be missed.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down