LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improved First Aid

Go down

Improved First Aid Empty Improved First Aid

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:01 am

Hey guys, over this last event I heard about something called Improved First Aid. Can someone tell me how this works? I've been looking over the play tests and I can't seem the find the bloody thing. Is it a separate skill and if so, how much build does it cost? Any help would be appreciated as I am about ready to pick up First Aid.

Back to top Go down

Improved First Aid Empty Re: Improved First Aid

Post  Vaylen Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:46 am

Vaylen wrote:Travis had a great idea for improving first aid so I wrote up a playtest for it:

Improved First Aid (playtest)
Bandage is an aspect of improved first aid that is implemented to both improve the role-playing aspect of providing first aid and promote the benefits of the first aid skill. When given first aid, if a bandage is applied while a player is unconscious (within the first minute after falling), the player has been given first aid and will regain 1 hit point in 5 minutes rather than the standard 10. The bandage can only be applied once per day to each extremity (for a total of four times per day per player.) Once the bandage has been used it is no longer sterile and is therefore consumed. The tag for the bandage is then destroyed after the bandage is complete. If a player is injured or otherwise distracted from the application of first aid they must restart the first aid process, however the bandage is not consumed until first aid is complete. The bandage must be properly physically represented and approved by a marshal prior to a bandage tag being provided. A bandage must be at least 3 inches by 75 inches in size of white fabric or gauze. On application, the bandage must be wrapped around a player’s appendage completely without obstructing circulation in order to be affective. (Loosely tying the bandage in a knot around a player’s extremity will not count.)

I think it's an awesome idea to make the act of healing arts/first aid roleplaying a bit more interresting.

This was 8th edition that we used the times have now changed for 9th edition.type "playtests" in the search box to find the origional thread.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 am

Ah, so it's just an extension of first aid that uses a physrep for a bandage. So how much do the bandages cost in production points? Can they be produced through some kind of craft skill or do they have to be bought?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down