LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Battle is Won but not the WAR

+5
Garruk Halfblood
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Micha_Amasai
Terik
Admin
9 posters

Go down

The Battle is Won but not the WAR Empty The Battle is Won but not the WAR

Post  Admin Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm

To all,

I want to give my thanks to those that risked their lives and to the 3rd Platoon of Naringal for coming to our aid. If it was not for your efforts we would still be underground drinking and eating mushroom swell.

I also want to give thanks to our allies Clan Stoneforge and Avalon’s Crown for their efforts both here in Haven during the siege and in helping breaking the siege.

Now that we covered all that, the war is not over. The Hag’s minions are still at our door step they have trenched them selves in many goblin made caves, old mine shafts, and other hidden encampments. We have tried to locate these hidden bases with no avail even the great skills of the Ratlings in the 11th section under Lt. Locklain have not be able to track their numbers. Plus, the snow here has made the passes and trails around Haven impassable in most places.

We also fear that this great winter from the north might be caused by the Ymirkelds of the Keldpazen Mountains. We have been given reports from Varnhardt that they seem to be up to something and our forces their have been holding back the attack made on the town as of late. But they report no attacks has come since almost two weeks ago, this has made our northern allies wonder if this might be the calm before the storm.

With these troubles in mind I ask that all adventures take this time to work on being prepared. We have a long road ahead of us if we are to remove these holds in the highlands around Haven. I will be setting up expeditions into the highlands each month to search and destroy what is left of the Hag’s forces in the area. If you decide to come to assist in these search and destroy missions please be aware the Hag’s have flying creatures now in their forces and the other creatures we do not know their numbers. So do tread with caution because what may look like a few might a barracks for a whole company of their minions.

If anyone wishes to find me they may find me at my tent outside of the Merchant’s Gate leading into Haven’s underhelm. (swvnero@gmail.com)

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer
1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Battle is Won but not the WAR Empty To Arms...for Skitterfell

Post  Terik Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:21 pm

The Captain's word is almost prophetic. Skitterfell, home of the Ratmen has fallen under the shadows of war. It seems that nothing escapes the cold grasp in this land. My brother, the 9th Section, and I will go to get a better understanding of the situation. Members of the 10th, you are at your leave. You may join us if you like, as is any other brave adventurer welcome to join us. I ask any who would go to prepare. We march for Skitterfell tomorrow. We need to be out of the Stoneforge Mountains before the next winter storm hits. I need to know who marches. Please send me a missive by runner [jeremiah.littleton[at]gmail.com].

Corporal Hester, muster your men. The 9th will march with me. The loss of Eldgold Windsailor, Fruenious Peck, and Marvic Waveharp will be mourned, but Cruben Tannyth, Jamhand Tarmikos, and Beldien Droversmith are new recruits sent by the Captain. They are as green as they get. Elder Stoneforge has given them a new blade, board, and new boots. Marching three days through the snow and ice with new boots will break their feet in nicely.

I suspect the Mad Ones have something to do with this. For those unfamiliar, rumor has it they were once residents of Amrun Taury led astray by the powers of an enchanted chalice. They wrecked what remained of the Borrows after the Amasai 'blessed' it with their talents. They use disease and undead. Their symbol is a Crimson Sun and they wear Priest or Monk robes of Crimson. Be on guard.

May the Silver Lion strengthen us.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

The Battle is Won but not the WAR Empty Re: The Battle is Won but not the WAR

Post  Micha_Amasai Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 pm

They wrecked what remained of the Borrows after the Amasai 'blessed' it with their talents.

Terik, I believe that we in should be thanked!, by not letting them have access to some of the items there, seeing how those in Haven assisted in taking out the Guardians of the Tombs, that then allowed the Mad Ones access....

However, that is neither here nor there at this time, we will argue over drinks at a later time, we have work to be done! ... Zane and I will be meeting you and Vaylen here shortly! ....

Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:40 pm

The Amasai didn't fight anything? You, good elf, will buy the first round.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 pm

I didn't say that, as we was among the one "IN" Haven, we assisted, for the 2nd time in taking out a guardian! .....

But for you Terik, I shall! ..... First round on me!, once this situation is taken care of!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 pm

well since the elf is buying drinks, I'm in on the march. I needs to talk a bit more with me Clan Elders, but I will be ready to march when we leave.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Garruk Halfblood Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:00 am

I will go with you on the march to help im new and want to prove myself cout me in.

Written by paid scribe for Garruk Halfblood

Garruk Halfblood

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:58 am

I'll come to,but when we get back we should help Arvil remake his tavern.
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:10 am

Kouga Lunic wrote:I'll come to,but when we get back we should help Arvil remake his tavern.

I knew I liked that little pup for some reason.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:59 pm

So long as we don't leave Haven undefended - perhaps some of the other sections will stay behind? - I would like to go as well. I've grown quite resistant to cold weather and the Naringal Roar needs material pertaining to what is going on in Skitterfell. By the way, who are these Crimson Sun? The only enemies of Naringal I know of at the moment are the Hags? Are you telling me there is more than one foe to face out there?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetrood Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Corp. Mang,

We have several enemies. Basicaly everother resident of Naringal hates us. The crimson sun is the sign of the mad ones. We believe they are the former residents of Amrun Taurey who drank from the silver chalice. We have faced them once before and they can be a difficult fight. They are a mix of humans and undead.

Sent by messenger

~T
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Oh, Katatherick Mang, how you still have MUCH to learn in theses lands... It is true we face ongoing issues with the Hags, but there are several other factors we have dealt with and continue to deal with...

In the Summer of 210, Vaylen had a vision of some great treasure in the Caves of Sorrows in the Valley of Chaos, out from the Borderlands, as we mad our way though these caves and fought MANY undead, as well as Humans, we found a cave with an alter built, upon that alter was a symbol or a Crimson Sun ... Within that same room was MANY follows of the "Mad One", they dress in long red robes, and are following their leader. Vaylen could probably tell you more about such cult, as I do not currently have my notes with me!

Hopefully, in creating this paper you could share some the the History of Naringal, with the other adventurers, I sure Terik, Arvil, Vaylen, Ti Tie, I or many of the others whom have traveled theses land, would be willing to share tales, and assist in keeping you all safe, and more importantly EDUCATED!....

Micah

Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Time to march if you are going to Skitterfell. The list of who is going in one hour is as follows:

Terik, Vaylen, Arvil, Micha, Zane, Katatherick, Garruk, Kouga, and Corporal Hester's 9th Section

My cart and Donkey will be available at the Merchant Gate as I am sure Master Amasai will take his if anyone would like to place provisions in them. We leave in an hour. I feel a storm moving in and this will get us off the mountain tonight.

If anyone else wishes to travel, contact Capt. Eric von Beckelheimer at the Merchant Gate

May the Silver Lion watch over you,
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  luvian parmaloche Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 pm

As I am still quite busy planning, building, and stocking Parmaloche's Emporium of Pandemonius Propaganda and Products, I will remain in Haven and watchful for anyhing that might happen.

luvian parmaloche

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Hetrood,

Please note that you are as ignorant as you are insufferable: a feat of great merit to be sure. Do not pretend to educate others on subject you have no knowledge of. Take note of an enlightened individual such as Master Amasai and defer the subject to the most educated rather than conjure allusions of what you think the truth is. Until the time comes when you are able to interject information that could prove useful, I would advise you keep your vernacular limited to subjects that you are proficient in; I would suggest an alternation of variable grunts and the verbal mimicry of bodily functions.

No respectable undead would ever willingly devote themselves to The Mad-One; the cultists of the Mad-One merely use their magics to control and create the undead. The Mad-one is an Icon. (If you don’t know what an Icon is then you should stop reading this immediately and crack open your skull on a shovel, for only as fertilizer would your mind prove useful.) The cultists of the Mad-One are dangerous in that they are ruled by anarchy, deception, illusion, murder, and power. They are able to channel the energy of their Icon through their magic. In order to channel this energy, devotees of an Icon must have a conduit (usually in the form of their Icon’s symbol) to relay power from one plane to Tyrra. As such, the followers of the Mad-One are not human. They could be anyone from human, elves, dwarves, and even rat-kin that are willing to devote themselves to the Mad-One. While the silver chalice may be used to coerce individuals into following the Mad-One it must be noted that there are those foolish enough to willingly devote themselves to this Icon.

Again, dearest Mage of Ignorance, please learn to get the information correct, or defer to those that are superior to you; which in this case would be anyone else.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Kouga version please?
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Kouga,

Simply put ... Do not speak on topic you know nothing about! ...
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:51 pm

oh ok
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content