LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should I be?

5 posters

Go down

What should I be? Empty What should I be?

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:07 am

This poll is mostly for my adventuring group - Kouga, Arazmus, Winterlight, Clinton and so forth. I've been slowly realizing that with my skill set, it makes no sense at all for me to be a Rogue. I originally wanted the 'everything is cheap' thing from the Rogue, but it would be far easier for me to be a Templar. But still, I wanted to know what you all thought. What does our cadre need? What do you think I would be most useful as? Let me know your opinions, my friends.

Back to top Go down

What should I be? Empty Re: What should I be?

Post  Kouga Lunic Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:40 am

Persanlly i love rouges but you can be whatever you like you pouch theif lolololol
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetrood Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:26 am

Ben,

Be whatever you want to be. Katatherick is the character you are making. He can be whatever you want him to be. It is all about what you want as a character. Decide what skills you want as a character and work toward them the best way you see. There are general guild lines that most follow but you don't have to. Trust me I have seen scholars with slays and fighter with several circles of magic. It all comes down to what you want in a character. Be the best Fighter, Rouge, Scholar, or Templar that you want to be.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:18 am

I have to agree with Adam!,

Find what you like the best and start with that "class" that uses build most efficiently! I know ur sword and shield, and caster, so unless your gonna pick up some of the rogue skill sets you'd be better off as Templar..... MORE armor, cheaper spell, and weapons prof

Then later on with your deiced you want to take a different route of skill you can! ... Build him as to where you want your character to be!

M
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:04 pm

too many rogues. *eyes the wolf pup* not all are thieves, its more a base on your characters personality in my opinion. ^.^ anything is good though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks, guys. I only ask 'cause I've been unable to nail down just what Katatherick is supposed to be. In my books - where he originally comes from - he's a straight up warrior but I didn't want to limit myself to that. Right now, I'm leaning toward Templar. I dunno, though. I'll have to think further on it. I just want to get it nailed down before I reach 5th level and can't do it anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:13 pm

*wimper* I share thought im like robin hood with a tail
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Ben,

My question is how many spells do you really use??? I had this conversation with Jeremiah Littleton. If the answer if not many and I don't know them very well. Fighter just might be the thing for you and if you want you can still get spells I suggest celestial because you can still read scrolls. Which you can put on the back of a shield or how ever you want to do it.

Templar is nice but not till you at least in your 30s the other three classes work better at lower levels. But like NERO SWV's slogun "The choice is yours"

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:12 pm

My 2¢ is this: One major difference between this and crampguard is that we roleplay. That said, who is Mang? What are his ultimate goals? What is his background? And then go from there… Lets face it we are a product of our environment and our characters should be too. When you find out what you want your character to be you can build it from there. Actually I think I’ll try and find the RPG questions I use for D&D and post them on here. That might help...
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:32 am

Katatherick Mang is ruthless when he needs to be and yet gentle with friends and allies. Many may think he is stoic and emotionless but on the inside, he's gregarious and generally happy despite certain events in his past. He's a scholar first and foremost and yet training given by certain organizations have given him the ability to be sly and sneaky when need be. Templar may not be the best choice, no. I don't want to be flinging around that many spells - only a little bit. Only enough to surprise people. But Katatherick was educated in the Shakar School of Celestial Arts. That should count for something - maybe eventually work up to fourth level spells. I wanted to focus on sneaky skills but let's be honest - I'm fat and I wear armor that clinks. I dunno. Part of the problem is that he seems a Scholar at times, a Fighter at others and a Rogue when need be. I'm pulled in three different directions and honestly, I've been having this problem from the start.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:11 am

Ben,

You don't need to be a rogue to be sneaky, its a out of game skill. If you only want to go to level 4 in spells that will let you read Dragon Breaths via scroll. Ruthless, well if you mean in combat then I would go fighter. All things you are telling me says FIGHTER. But as always its YOUR CHOICE!

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum