LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local playtests for next year

+3
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Micha_Amasai
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Local playtests for next year Empty Local playtests for next year

Post  Admin Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:12 pm

To all,

I am putting up this post to get feed back on local playtests people would like to see at our chapter?

Now please note that we reserve the right to veto any playtest suggested. This will always be only on the grounds that we believe it to be broken or against the spirit of the rules.

Also, please note that like all strange and wonderful things in the Lands of Naringal. One must find, discover, harvest, or unlock said local effects. This will be the policy for all local playtest we will be taking a look at for this coming new year.

I look forward to hearing your feed back and suggestions.

We appreciate you business!

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Local playtests for next year Empty Re: Local playtests for next year

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 am

So I've already chimed in a few of my likes... and thought I would post them here!......

- Nature Magic (some modifications)
- Absorbed Potions (I KNOW ITS A NO, BUT I STILL LIKE IT .... haha)
- Mana Potion ......
- CO Enhancement Playtest at Cinci... I kinda like some of them, (Scroll and Potions making......)
http://www.nerocincinnati.com/playtests/COplaytest.htm
- Spell Storm Cantrip --- http://www.nerocincinnati.com/playtests/spellstorm.htm

Those are just a few...... again I just like things that give extra flavor to the game!.... Like with Memorization and Cast on the Fly, its something for a character to work towards!... set achievable goals!!

Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Jeremiah and I would like to see this one.

NERO® Interrupting an Incant
Version 1.0 2006-06-18
For NERO Rules: Graham Hine

Objective

To make it easier to interrupt a spell caster.

Rule

Hitting a spell-caster's body or armor (whether real or from the Bless or Shield spells) while they are speaking the incant to any Spell be it Earth, Celestial, a Cantrip or Formal Magic will interrupt the spell and cause it to be lost. The caster should announce "interrupt" as a courtesy.

If the amount of damage done by the hit is zero (i.e. "Zero Normal"), or if the spell-caster is immune to the damage, then the caster will not be interrupted.

Certain monsters that can "cast in body" will not be interrupted in this manner.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:50 pm

I also like these two:

Mentoring v1.1
alternate Slay and Assassinate Effects v1.1

I am also writing one up for different racial skills. Dwarvian power!!
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Interrupting an Incant .... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO........................................

Did I mention I didn't like this one!...... lol ...... honestly though I do not like Interrupting at all!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Michael,

Could you be a little less vague on your attitude on spell interruption, I am not quite sure of your feeling on it. Wink
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:41 pm

lol... yeah I'm sorry about, sometime its really hard to let people know how you feel about something via online forums!... but allow my to try and explain......

NO I DON'T LIKE IT ! ........ Keep it as far away from the game as possible! That is all!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Here are the ones being considered:

Nature Magic
Base 10 Celestial
Master Potions, Alchemy, Scrolls, and Smithing
Increased Weapon Bases

Here are the ones we will NOT be using:

Spell Interruption
Mentoring
Alternate Slays and Assassinate
Absorb Potion
Enhancement
Spell Storm Cantrip

Please, not the ones we will not be using that are listed are very broken and are against the spirit of the game.

Now please note we are still looking for other suggestions and as stated earlier all Local Playtests will be something that needs to be unlocked, discovered, found, harvested etc... The only one that we are considering that will change all across the board will be the increased weapons damage.

As always we appreciate you business!

~T

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:57 pm

The one I would really like to see is Base 10 celestial. Primarily because the celestial spell group has very little versatility in comparison to earth magics. It is basically a buff or an attack spell, whereas earth magics have the ability to be reversed (if you’re not afraid of being labeled a necromancer) and chaos magic goes straight to body while celestial has to worry about armor. If an earth caster can deal as much damage with a spell as a celestial caster, what is the point of having a celestial caster character? So indeed I am all for a way of unlocking base 10 celestial.

As for master pots, alc, etc I feel that this is an awesome idea… to an extent. I personally feel that these abilities are quite powerful and therefore the components for such creations need to be reflected as such in that they should be exceptionally rare and/or insanely expensive to create.

Increased Weapon bases are an interesting idea, mainly in that it gives a balance to those wielding weapons that are considered bulkier and harder to hit with (for instance you can’t thrust with a blunt, so to balance it out your should get some type of advantage) but also from a realistic sense a laceration from an edged weapon is often far less lethal than that of a forceful bludgeoning (trust me internal bleeding is a bitch in the medical field). However, I feel that a two handed weapon (such as a claymore or a greatclub) would actually equal out in damage dealing capacities therefore I don’t quite agree with the weapon bases such as WAR has.

Nature magic I’m kinda iffy about. Though I like the concept of a “bastard” magic tree (that is a mix of damage and buffs and heals) I’ve not fully thought about it enough to come to an informed opinion.

Now with the ones not being used…

Spell interrupt. Really? I mean first of all I can’t figure out quite how it would work with like magic shield, poison shield and the like. It makes the already squishy caster classes even squishier. And a competent fighter should be able is more likely to outright kill a caster before an interrupt would do a sizable amount of good anyways.
Mentoring? No. If you want a character that has access to every skill then you should spend your build points accordingly.
Absorb potion? The logic behind that baffles me. I mean you drink the potion and can then you not only hold the mystic energy but the potion also tells you what incants to use and then what the magic energy is secreted by one’s sweat glands? And then one you take a mighty magical dump afterwards imbuing the toilet with enchanted poo? Not only that but it goes into the lines of having a character with access to every skill. It’s too much of a stretch in my opinion.
Just some of my thoughts and reasonings.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Daniel and Simple YES or NO, would have been enough! lol j/k

Good thoughts!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:28 am

okay here is an idea for racial playtest. this is just a start and i have not gotten all of them something but it is something to consider.

Barbarian – Frenzy. The Barbarians can get so enraged that they do 5 points of damage per proficiency in a weapon, they do however are more susceptible to celestial magic at this time and take 2x damage from all celestial spells.
Drea- Darkness. This ability allows the Drea to place a blinding cloud of darkness around one victim. The victim cannot see (unless does not need light to see) and cannot defend against attacks. The cloud last for 5 minutes, during which the Drea loses 2 additional body points (does not drop to 0 or -1, must have more than 2 body to perform darkness).
Dwarf – Dwarvian Power. Friendly players around and including the dwarf get +1 body and +1 damage while the effect is in play. The Dwarf is unaffected by earth and stone weapons or stone celestial spells, but takes 2x damage from air or lightning spells and weapons.
Gypsy – same as human.
Half Ogre/Orc – Foul smell. Half breeds can produce a foul smell from their body that acts as nausea gas and effects all beings with a metabolism with 5 feet of them.
Human – Sarcasm. The human with his/her quick wit can inflict moral damage of 1 body on adversaries with the sarcastic words and taunts. For the damage to take effect it must be role-played for one minute. No other in game action can be performed during the taunt is not effective if the human takes any damage during the taunting.
Sarr – Hairball. The Sarr can produce a hair ball and use it for 1 damage. Must role play hacking up the ball and must have thrown weapon in order to throw the hair ball.
Scavenger -
Biata -
Elf -
Hobling –
Mystic Wood Elf –
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:42 am

Adam,

I like that you want to make the game better, lol but man these are broken. I appreicate the help lets stick to some local playtests that are already out their people have made, then we can work on some of our own. I have a couple I'm working on right now.

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:18 am

hey my first idea was that Dwarves are resistant to all forms of attack and swing massive. lol. the list of ideas was just a start, I do think we can come up with some new race characteristics and mentioned them as a start, not the final idea.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:23 am

lol, you crack me up!

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nabsten Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:05 pm

I liked the old harvesting system at WAR... haha!!!
Nabsten
Nabsten

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Noah,

lol that system was SO broken, but I do have something in mind related to this system. We will be doing a type of harvesting for production items like Alchemy, Potions, Scrolls, Trap Making and Smithing. The way it will work is there will be props out on the site in the woods on trails etc... that will help boost your production or make unique items.

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 am

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! I like it, now just need to remember to look for crap.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Travis had a great idea for improving first aid so I wrote up a playtest for it:

Improved First Aid (playtest)
Bandage is an aspect of improved first aid that is implemented to both improve the role-playing aspect of providing first aid and promote the benefits of the first aid skill. When given first aid, if a bandage is applied while a player is unconscious (within the first minute after falling), the player has been given first aid and will regain 1 hit point in 5 minutes rather than the standard 10. The bandage can only be applied once per day to each extremity (for a total of four times per day per player.) Once the bandage has been used it is no longer sterile and is therefore consumed. The tag for the bandage is then destroyed after the bandage is complete. If a player is injured or otherwise distracted from the application of first aid they must restart the first aid process, however the bandage is not consumed until first aid is complete. The bandage must be properly physically represented and approved by a marshal prior to a bandage tag being provided. A bandage must be at least 3 inches by 75 inches in size of white fabric or gauze. On application, the bandage must be wrapped around a player’s appendage completely without obstructing circulation in order to be affective. (Loosely tying the bandage in a knot around a player’s extremity will not count.)

I think it's an awesome idea to make the act of healing arts/first aid roleplaying a bit more interresting.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:32 pm

I really like the idea.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Jeremiah,

I like it as well, I've got another one that I will be sharing soon.

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 pm

herbilism, jewlcrafting so we will have more to do with gems then just resell them.
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:05 pm

herbilism -- would be basic alchemy, there are are plans to extend the alchemy skill...

jewel-crafting -- would be just a Crafts-Skill-Other
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Joel,

Michael is right we will be doing some new stuff with Alchemy, which means it will effect Herbalism. Now for gems, jeweler or gem cutter etc.. will work to help you increase the value of the gems. But I know you don't know this but no other chapter does gems like we do, yes you may find a rare on here or there. Plus, you will never see copper, silver, or gold bars, works for art, silver bowls, platinum cups, etc... This why NERO SWV is so unique and we will always work to be on top of our game when it comes to props. I hope this helps.

~T
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:59 am

ye it does lol i was just throwing those outhere.
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:06 pm

one I just thought of. Currently bless and greater bless are only worth 2 and 4 body respectively, so they are not worth that much. I don't think they should be base 5 as that would make them worth much more then other healing spells. but bless worth 3-4 and greater bless 6-8 would seem like a nice balance and make the 2 spells more useful in game.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next