LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help new to the Larp thing

3 posters

Go down

Help new to the Larp thing  Empty Help new to the Larp thing

Post  Ullic Titianmauler Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

how do i build a pc and such
Ullic Titianmauler
Ullic Titianmauler

Back to top Go down

Help new to the Larp thing  Empty Re: Help new to the Larp thing

Post  Vaylen Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 am

I so envy you. creating a character is so much fun! there are many ways to make a character. SOme like just working out their character build and then fleshing out their character's backstory around it. other weird and crazy people(like me) like to build a backstory and idea of their character and then work on the build. either way the first and foremost thing is the name and race. then figure out what kind of character do you want. do you want a sword and shield fighter and wear lots of armor or a spell slinging wizard in robes or a deadly backstabbing theif or a poison flinging rogue or a trapsetter? these are all fun and interresting and you can build each of them in so many different ways... it all depends on how you want to play your character. you can find a copy of the rule book at http://nerolarp.com/download.php?view.3 but without being familiar with the build system it can be difficult to calculate your build there is an 8th edition character builder here http://www.dreamingechoes.com/nero_db/charBuilder/admin/main.php which doesn't calculate exactly right but it can be helpful then you submit your character build to travis or michael or adam and including a background is always helpful especially if you want some character driven plot because the plot team can work some of your character's goals into in game scenarios and it makes things more personable to you. Admittedly i'm not the best person to help you build your character's stats but if you need any background or character history help please lemme know and i'll catch you up on some of the history around the realms.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Building a character is a lot of fun. Daniel is absolutely correct on the main points. Building a character is what do You want. I recommend picking a race and a class (fighter, templar, scholar, rouge) first and then working up a back story to fit that character. From there move on to actually spending the 30 build you have as a new character. If you would like some advice on how to spend those 30 build or review of your backstory send me, Travis, Michael, or Daniel a message, or check out the SWV facebook page and message us there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/swvnero/

***(Shameless plug) Dwarf is the best race ever!
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down