LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grievous Acts of Malice

+2
Jeeves
Terik
6 posters

Go down

Grievous Acts of Malice Empty Grievous Acts of Malice

Post  Terik Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:18 pm

Posted by Militia Runner:

Lord Chancellor, My Lords, Friends, Adventures,

These grievous acts of malice against the citizenry and inhabitants of this Sovereign Republic of Naringal by the self-titled Duke must not be tolerated longer. While still here at the front lines, reports return to me that there has been raids and attacks on the peaceful folk of Haven. Word has come to me that they have even brutalized and killed a small Sarr girl. Savagery! I dare say the thousands of Goblins in this land would not dare such uncivility!

Previously, I have given orders to the units under my command to grant mercy to the Evandarrian forces. I presumed they had been driven here by the heavy hand of Mustaintoff. I was wrong. Even under such pressure, good troops would not scar such innocence.

My orders are hereby revoked. Deal with the Evandarrians as the situation dictates, however, I will pay one gold per prisoner brought to the holding cells of the arena.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Grievous Acts of Malice Empty Re: Grievous Acts of Malice

Post  Jeeves Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 am

Lieutenant Locklain,

I fear the repercussions of revoking your orders of mercy. The actions of one immoral murderous elf does not represent the morals nor the disposition of the entire force that is arrayed against you. I have had a number of peaceful dealings with the Evendarrian soldiers in and around Haven.
In fact the swiftness of your call for blood calls into question your own motives! I am not one to stand by and allow the slaughter of people on both sides of this conflict. If Evendarrian progress is such a problem would not a swift strike at the head end the problem faster than slowly dissecting the body?
I stand for a mediation and solution that prevents senseless killing on either side. But I have seen that the Duke is not under any recognized charter nor is he backed by the prince as he has claimed. His soldiers have no way to know the truth and are stuck under him and his "manifest Destiny."
I have successfully negotiated cease fires between the Evendarians and the adventurers and other peoples of Haven in the past. They are not all bad eggs. There do exist orders now that call for the murder of all persons that hail from lands south of the river. These are top down. I say death to the "Duke."
Ever Merciful,
Jeeves
Jeeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Posted by visibly angered military runner:

Master Jeeves,

Reports have come to me of your "number of peaceful dealings with the Evendarians in and around Haven." I guess it is in part you who I have to thank for missing my three day supply run. See, the building you and your companions warded happen to be my mess hall. My runners couldn't get supplies thanks to your "peaceful dealings" and we ate pine bark, grub worms, and other edible items we found off the dead while stuck in the trenches at the front. Oh, I almost forgot about praying for rain and drinking mud to stave off dehydration. My men and I are big fans of you and your Stonegate friends.

I'm such a fan, I will take this chance to give you some friendly advice: As an assistant to Lord Amasai, Guildmaster, keep your merciful nose out of Military buisness and back up Lord Amasai's backside where it belongs. If you are to have an opinion, he will give it to you. Take your firm grip on time and look back at the many, many failed attempts at diplomacy with the Evandarians. Each of those attempts ended in loss for Naringal. Oh, one more thing, stay away from Pints. Your Evendarrian friends drank his rum.

Last edited by Terik (Jeremiah) on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : less angrY :D)
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:08 am

Well Jeeves that's a price they pay for being in their military, for a life of a solider is one that comes without personal feelings, if they obey the duke and his comands and fight alongside him they will go down as well.
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeeves Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:35 am

I am afraid that I cannot budge on this stance.

to Kouga,
The soldiers of Evendar do not at large possess the strength of spirit that we adventurers do. Their spirits cannot withstand the rigors of a resurrection! They have but one life, in addition the are conscripted and forced to fight or die. If they fight they at least have the chance of surviving.

to Lieutenant Locklain,
I provided free access to the warded buildings for all adventurers and defenders of Haven. Had your soldiers possessed any intelligence they would have requested entry. Or baring the courage to do so could have sought out the Lord Chancellor or Sir Arvil and they would have been able to explain the situation and speak to myself about entry into the proper facilities. I in no way wished to interrupt your supply routes nor cause discomfort or distress to your men. To make up for the break in the supplies, I will donate a half-ton of salt so that your soldiers can preserve food. That way should a break in supply lines occur again you soldiers will be able to carry a day or two of extra food and wont go hungry. As for the rum, send me a bill and I shall see to proper compensation. Concerning your failed attempts at diplomacy, I have come to understand that they have often been nothing more than a maneuvers to get closer to the enemy with an assault force.

These are my final words on this situation. I will retreat to the guild house to further my work there. These issues are yours' to resolve.
Sincerely,
Jeeves
Jeeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:21 am

by runner:

Master Jeeves, how right you are. It was very unintelligent of my men to avoid the poison door handles. How downright stupid of them to recognize the wards, look into OUR mess hall and see the enemy. Even though most of my men, like you say, only live once, they should have thrown that to the wind and ask pretty please for entry into the mess hall. With this new logic, the war will be over in no time!

All sarcasm asside, neither one of us wishes harm on the other. Your generous appology is accepted, however, Pints drinks alot. I would not empty your coffers by trying to replenish his stock. He really enjoys the rice wine the dark elves used to make, may they find rest.

I see that you have a heart for diplomacy. To that end, this is my formal recommendation to the Lord Chancellor to use you as such, should you accept, of course. We can discuss the philosophy of war when next we meet. I'll buy the first round. I feel that your actions are only for the good of Naringal. I welcome those actions and it has given me pause.

To my troops: one gold per prisoner you take to the holding cells in the arena. There is much to prepare. The prisoners of war will do the work for us.

Long live the Lord Chancellor!
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Good People of the Republic,
Prithee pay heed to my words as we are all subject to these times of turmoil and strife. This republic stands for freedom. As such, we are each free to voice our opinions and free to take our own actions with the addendum that it does not inhibit the freedom of our fellow man. Good Mage Jeeves is in his right to voice his concern for the Evandarrian men and women that fight under the iron fist of the False Duke. I personally applaud the idea of removing the Duke from our lands without casualty to the Evandarrian people. Unfortunately, one is incapable of making an omelet without breaking eggs. My Dear Brother is correct in his concern for the well being of the people of the Republic. We will focus our efforts on the removal of the Duke, however the safety and freedom of the people of the Republic remains our priority. We must remember that the blood and sweat of our brothers and sisters feed the soul of this land; to that end we cannot talk of peace to the Evandarrian forces as they hold the bodies of our comrades on pikes. Therefore, I ask that no wards nor protective circles be placed on in nor around free buildings of the Republic so as to prevent access to the common man. Please feel free to protect your personal homes and belongings, but we cannot endanger the rest of our kith and kin. We are of Naringal. We do not cower and whimper against those that threaten our home. We are a fierce and noble people; we face our challengers with the strength of our comrades and the might of our will.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:07 am

Puppy version?
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:39 pm

As I have been attempting to hone my elocution of the barbarian vernacular I shall endeavor to translate into a more succinct dialogue:

We gunna try to get rid of the duke. We don't want to kill Evandarrians, but better them than us. we really strong. we gunna kick some ass.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:48 pm

YEAH LET'S KICK SOME ASS!!!!
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  salsa (ben mathis) Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 am

I was told to put a ward on the tavern, just for clarity. I think I was told to by Zara? Anyways, the Evandarians came and dfm'd the ward, put up their own, then created a circle in the tavern that I was sleeping in because I am terrified of spiders. We didn't do anything other than have a peaceful conversation with them after I woke up. Which, as I recall, the ritual had already been completed. I came from Stonegate because I heard that Naringal was in need of help. Also, to make relations with the guilds.

Palanon
Champion of Tyrra
Defenders of the Balance

salsa (ben mathis)

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Lord Vaylen, are we to understand this to now be Naringal 1st Law? ... "No wards nor protective circles be placed on in nor around free buildings of the Republic"

Palanon,

We thank you for your help, and hope you will continue with work with us, as the Guild appreciates business.

To all, I agree we should not be hostile toward all Evendarrians, but we also can't try and deal peace with the False Duke's Men.

We will have to fight the battles to win the war.

~M
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:46 pm

As Steward of the House of Commons, I shall officially propose the new law with minor changes to the proposed by Lord Amasai:

"No wards or protective circles be placed on, in, or within a polearm's length of any free buildings of the Republic. Doing so without a King of the Republic or the Lord Chancellor's express consent shall be grounds for fines up to 10,000 Silver plus DFM costs."

The House of Commons approves by vast majority.

To the citizenry and adventures in Naringal, to make laws or to amend them, they must first be approved by the House of Commons, barring any decrees that superceed law. If you are intersted in joining the House of Commons, please send me a private message.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down