LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in need of information

+4
Micha_Amasai
Zara
jinx811
Hetrood
8 posters

Go down

in need of information Empty in need of information

Post  Hetrood Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:30 am

Greetings all lovely adventurers,

I am needing some information on the lands and creaturs in the area known as the Borderlands. I know the cute little Master of the Mage's Guild is planning to construct an Earth circle at the new Inn located there. I was just wondering what other things I might encounter during my journey? I planning to mainly memorize healing spells, but want to be prepared for offense against the creatures we will encounter. Are most of the inhabitants undead? Live beasts? And of what type? I would like some help in knowing what spells I should focus on memorizing. I will be bringing along my own wine so anyone wishing to assist me may share in the bottles with me while we are feasting and catching some down time to rest.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

in need of information Empty Creatures in the Borderlands

Post  jinx811 Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Well I don't know and/or remember as much as Sir Micah or Lord Vaylen, I can tell you this. F-ing Owlbears and Green Slimes are everywhere. They are the most horrid things in Naringal. Other than that, I have personally seen Wyvrens, and a Cockatrice. The last market day we also incountered a Chimera and a little lady that had narcallepsy and no memory. She was scary!! But that is all I can remeber right now. I wish I could help you more but I'm just a stupid fighter.
jinx811
jinx811

Back to top Go down

in need of information Empty Re: in need of information

Post  Hetrood Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Thank you for the information Mr. Diamond. It would appear that from your description of what you have encountered it would be best for me to memorize some curse and protective spells. It doesn't appear that much undead roam this part of the land so I will not attempt to memorize spells to hard them.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Zara Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:59 pm

My dear Hetrood~

Allow me to introduce myself..... I am Madame Zara. I am looking forward to meeting you finally. I feel Zara should add to the information given to you by the good warrior, Jaxx Diamond. There is also a nasty necromancer gating into the area, as well. He has indicated that he has set up a number of tainted circles in this area of Naringal. This disgusting individual crops up at the strangest times..... so do not dismiss the need for protection against the undead!

Remember, if you wish to share space on one of the tents that Madame Zara brings with her, you have but to ask. Gypsies KNOW how to set up temporary living quarters!

Zara

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetrood Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:22 am

My Dear Madame Zara,

I am humbled by your offer. Of coarse I would love to spend some time in your tent. Aside from my Cousins the Gypsy people are my favourites. Your people are always so full of life and enjoyment, plus you have some FINE hooch!

Now as for this necromancer, and his corrupt circles I would like to know more. As it seems the despicable practice of slavery by liet looklane and his cronies is not the only problem in this land. I am sending you a private letter as I do not think this information should be broadcast for all to see. I await the time I may see your lovely face, share a drink, and protect this land with you Madame. Until such time may the hooch be strong and your enemies weak.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:13 pm

** Sent By Runner **

Hetrood!

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to reply to your message, but I have been extremely busy here in the borderlands in preparation for the upcoming gather.

As for memorizing spells ... Healing and Protective are always an Earth Caster best choice. As far as readiness for battle, Sleeps and Paralysis WORK wonders when traveling to these lands!

Being so close to the "Duke's Town" I sure we can expect to see his lackeys out and about, so would want to use EXTREME caution !

M
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:37 am

by runner

Master Hetrood,

I look forward to seeing you again. It won't be necessary to present me with your formal apology for falsely slandering me and my soldiers. An informal "Sorry, Sir," followed by a handshake will do.

I am not a slaver. Members of my militia are not cronies. You would be best to understand that we are not to be trifled with, or the creatures that surround Haven will be the least of your worries.

This is your second and final warning. Do not cross me elfling.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetrood Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Ah Leit Looklane I was wondering when you would bestoy upon me some of your "superior" intellect. I accept your appology. All I have seen from you and your band of cut-throats is searching for answers from the duck across the river and trafficing in slaves. While said slave trafficer did "free" his wife I still wonder on just how free she is. Know this I don't fear your band. I have met many such as you in my travels. Ones that would sack a town creating undead servents from all that oposed them and enslaving the survivors. Know this I will not tollerate the enslavement of any being, alive or dead, hostile, friendly or neutral. With that said this is finished unless I find proof of your bands enslavement of the living or dead.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:29 pm

posted by militia runner

Hetrood,

Apparently the unemployed former scribe of the wolf pup has found a new employer. Either that, or we know he went to the same school for spelling as you. I will use large, plain letters, as your comprehension is as thin as the tips of your ears.

My name is L-O-C-K-L-A-I-N. The same as the Lord of this land. Respect that fact, if not my own name.

My rank is L-I-E-U-T-E-N-A-N-T. It has it's derivation in a land an culture far from here. The definition, loosely translated, is "respect the ranks of the militia or I will cut out your tongue and make you write all the ranks in your own blood until you get them right."

This game is fun. One more word derivation. Hmm, 'Hetrood', where have I heard that name before? Oh, I think that is the name the ratkin call their younglings when they continue to soil themselves though they should know better.

I hope for your sake you are better at learning the arcane arts than you are at picking up facts. I despise undead. I am opposed to slavery. I will not, however, act against indentured servitude. What happens in the within the marriage bonds of my officers is none of my concern, nor is it yours.

Your only saving grace is the fact that your reputation as a capable healer proceeds you. You are needed and therefore not to be dealt with as you deserve. Your reputation of a heavy drinker and a philanderer also proceeds you. You parade in the effort to seek a flamboyant status but only to cover your own inadequacies. I have done you a favor. I have contacted the local tavern owner. You will not be served anything but food and water. Since you are opposed to people trying to earn citizenship, excuse me, you deem it slavery, you will also be refused service at the local 'service' establishments as well. Furthermore, I have informed the ratkin that you do indeed regret your rash words against them and are willing to share any fermented drink you possess. Don't be surprised to find your supply exhausted by morning. We have a long journey ahead of us. They will be thirsty. Oh, don't try to stop them. They aren't happy with you. In this, I may very well have saved your life.

Your initial post seeks information and advice. Here is one bit of information: It is insolent and narrow-minded fools like you that keep the citizens of Naringal divided. Stop your drivel this moment. Fight well this market day and keep my comrades alive. In this, you will be forgiven. Let even one of them taste death and their blood is on your hands.

You're Welcome,

Last edited by Terik on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added signature)
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Sir Terik,

I have stopped serving the Mystic as ye asked. One question for ye Sir? How am I supposed to make any profit now? Him and Pints are me biggest customers! They be the only ones that I can get to try any new recipe of ale that I have. In fact I need to get back to that squash and pumpkin beer I was working on.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Why arvil my good friend, I would be more then happy to try ANY new drink you make, look me up when you get a new recipe ready.
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hetrood Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Lieutenant Locklain,

Thank you so much for sending the Ratkin over to my potion lab. They were very helpful in locating several ingredients for potions. Although they are a bit hard to understand at times with all of them talking at once. I do say I am surprised at the fact they are "willing" participants in your military, most of the "leaders" like you that I have met only accept Elves, Dwarves, and Humans in their ranks and "enlist" the services of others. While you have proven me wrong here you have failed miserably at the other tests I have laid for you.

While it is honourable to defend your fellow beings, doing so by threatening another is not the best method. I can see that your bullish ways this is how you expect to achieve your objectives. Strength of arms and stern words are good on the battlefield, but not the best course in civilian conversations.

Your adamant denial and resulting anger at me simply pointing out some of your characteristics. I merely mentioned that you reminded me of the type that would sack a town and enslave all it people weather dead or alive. I did not say you were a slaver or necromancer, merely that you reminded me of the type. And how did you respond? With bulling threats and adamant denial of the deads, just like a thief denies he ever stole anything. Even just a little messing with your name send you into a rage. Really you need to calm your temper if our troops are to survive without exhausting all the healers.

When I said you remind me of some military men I have met I was being truthful. Now I hope you are more like your brother and can with proper training control your temper. Their is one way that you differ from the one you remind me most of. You have only assaulted me with words, unlike my old master. Yes Lieutenant Locklain I was enslaved to a military man much like you. One that had to have his way and would bully any who opposed him to "bending" to his way. Know this I will be watching to make sure you don't end up like him. I will not risk my life defending this land from tyrants like the false duke across the river to let hot tempered bullies control this land.

With that said I hope that you and I can sit down soon to discuss our differences and possible work on your temper and on my methods of testing people. Until such time may the Earth protect you and your temperament be calm.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Puppy version?
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:34 pm

By militia runner,

Puppy version: Hetrood wanted to know if I was a civil and honorable man or a thief and bully in militia clothing. I have proved to be neither.

Apparently I am like the hard leather boot that protects you, but blisters the feet at the same time. I am the thick thorns that slice the skin, but provide fruit for the many. I am the simple farmer...on a path to be war incarnate.

Until we can gather next,
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 am

Good Hetrood, Sir Locklain, et al;
It is welcomed to see passion in the voice of the people. In this time of discord and strife it is in the will of the people that will bind the stones of our republic together stronger than any mortar. That said, we must remember that our nation is formed on the remnants of outcasts from many diverse societies. It is in our differences that allow us a voice and ensure our freedom. That said, Hetrood, our system is designed for the people to have the true control to create laws. If you feel that there are issues that may require legal implications, it would be the responsibility of you the public to instigate a proposal for a law to the council for review.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 am

by militia runner:

True words, My Lord. For any government set forth without the consent of its people is the very definition of slavery. I encourage all to participate in the creation of laws for our land.
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Vaylen wrote:Good Hetrood, Sir Locklain, et al;
It is welcomed to see passion in the voice of the people. In this time of discord and strife it is in the will of the people that will bind the stones of our republic together stronger than any mortar. That said, we must remember that our nation is formed on the remnants of outcasts from many diverse societies. It is in our differences that allow us a voice and ensure our freedom. That said, Hetrood, our system is designed for the people to have the true control to create laws. If you feel that there are issues that may require legal implications, it would be the responsibility of you the public to instigate a proposal for a law to the council for review.
puppy Version?
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:34 am

Puppy version: If you want change, make up laws and send them to us.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

in need of information Empty Explination

Post  Hetrood Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:49 am

Lord Vaylen and others of the Council,

May I have an audience with you during the coming gather to discuss this new type of government. I must say it is very different from how my Race governs ourselves. We have a Council of Elders that rules but they are fully in charge of the laws. This allowing the common people have a say in the rules is very liberating. The main questions I have are how to submit ideas and who is the enforcement? I have seen no sheriff or marshal only the militia.
Hetrood
Hetrood

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:38 am

Hetrood,

The purpose is to allow the people to make the laws, so they are not to feel over-ruled.

Until we have a sheriff in place, I can assure you any laws passed by the counsel, I will personally make sure are inforced!

~Sir Micah
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down