LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claim to land

+2
Zara
Arvil Boulderbreaker
6 posters

Go down

Claim to land Empty Claim to land

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Tue May 17, 2011 9:19 am

To all remaining here in the Border lands:

I Sir Arvil Boulderbreaker, do here by re-stake my claim to one area of land with-in the area controlled by the forces of Naringal. It is my intention to hold this land for use to grow crops such as wheat, barley, and hops for me brewing of fine beers and ales. If any of ye be skilled at farming please see me at me claim or at me post with the Silver Lions.

Also this be a reminder: the first law established in Naringal is that any that can stake a claim to any one acre of land here in the Border lands and hold if for 1 year they will be recognized as the owners of said land. See one of the Knights Council for more specific information on claims.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Claim to land Empty Assisting your claim

Post  Zara Tue May 17, 2011 12:55 pm

My Dear Arvil~
Zara has sent a whispering wind to Willowdark. The necessary seeds and seedlings are being packed for transportation to your holding as soon as possible.

Oh! this missive should have started with, "My Dear SIR Arvil". Zara is so sorry for the slight!

Last edited by Zara on Wed May 18, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zara

Back to top Go down

Claim to land Empty Re: Claim to land

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Tue May 17, 2011 2:09 pm

My dearest Madam Zara,

ye have earned the right to call me whatever ye like. Just don't call me late to any drinks or meals, especially the drinks.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Darrian Shaw Tue May 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Arvil Boulderbreaker of Clan Stoneforge, You have no right to these lands!

If all ones needs to do is "hold" said land for one year, then I will have no problem in securing a claim for his Grace. While you may have had the advantages with the Outlaws of Avalon's Crown fighting, I assure you that when I dock next I will have more forces!

You all have been warned, this is only the beginning!

Lord Darrian Shaw

Lord Darrian Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Cirin Icerider Wed May 18, 2011 9:58 am

Lord Shaw,

Before I depart to Willowdark any my normal duties administering the Guilds and trade affairs of my nation, please allow me to add some clarity to this affair as a neutral mediator and professional barrister.

There are three parties with claims in Naringal.

The Duchy of Naringal, representing the Crown of Evendarr. Composed of an Evendarrian colony established in 610 due to the status of Naringal as a wilderness in international eyes for the lack of an established government.

The Realm of Naringal, representing the Naringal Council. This body is composed of settlers who began to migrate here in 608 arrived here for much the same reason, an unclaimed land and a chance to start anew away from other lands. I am quite aware that the Crown of Evendarr does not recognize this council.

Avalon's Crown, the international mercantile and mercenary company that travels in many lands but owes its allegiance to none. They do not serve the Naringal Council nor the Duchy of Naringal. The assault by Avalon's Crown forces on Evendarr forces on the eve of May 14th. 611 was in apparent response to Evendarrian attacks on Avalon's Crown logging operations on their own independent land claims. Avalon's Crown has come here because of the natural resources of Naringal, in a land without cumbersome laws, taxes and bureaucracy to hinder mining and logging operations. Without passing any judgment on the legitimacy of those operations, do not confuse the actions of Avalon's Crown with those of the Naringal Council. From my own trade negotiations with the Naringal Council, it has become apparent that they have as much control over the actions of Avalon's Crown as Avalon's Crown has over Evendarr.

The Homesteading Act was apparently the first act passed by the Naringal Council: to state that a party that can take and claim land in Naringal for their home can own it if they possess it for a year. This was in the spirit of the settlers in Naringal to have a land to call their own.

Perhaps this act could serve as the basis for a more lasting peace between the Naringal Council and Evendarr, if both parties will honor the this law.

Naringal is a large country, and there is plenty of land here for all the parties to be prosperous and wealthy, if the substantial threats of the hags and their forces of kobolds, giants and dire goblins could be overcome.

Yes, if Evendarr can establish their claim on a portion of Naringal, then under the acts of the Naringal Council, they could own that land. If they owned it, it could be soveriegn territory and the basis for a Duchy of Evendarr. If Evendarr uses this justification, they would thus be accepting the laws of the Naringal Council as valid laws. There are certainly Duchies of Evendarr with as much land area as the Duchy of Naringal holds by the truce with the boundary at the Naer Fade Woods, the Duchy of Blackstone is smaller in land area than what is currently held by Evendarr in Naringal. Evendarr is certainly capable of friendly relations with nations that are not signatories to the Accords of Avalon; Myrr and Stonegate come to mind as nations that are not signatories but have found peace with Evendarr.

It lies between both of these parties to establish their own relations with Avalon's Crown. They have made no claim to be a soveriegn government that I am aware of, they are a wealthy and powerful trading company. I am quite aware they can operate within the laws of a nation, as they operated estates in the Kingdom of Stonegate for years.

I implore for peace here, Evendarrian conquest could risk turning Naringal into another Volta, and the many decades of strife and insurrections and countless deaths that followed that Evendarrian conquest a century ago. To this day the Highlander Clans of the Phoenix still hold blood vendettas against Evendarr for what happened, and I do not doubt such would be the same in Naringal.

The Accords of Avalon were established to help bring peace and civilization to this entire continent, not to forment war and discord, nor serve as a justification for conquest. Let us take this opportunity to prevent needless warfare. Neither the Duchy of Naringal nor the Naringal Council are barbaric monsters, neither are like ruthless orcs or relentless elementals that cannot be reasoned with or negotiated with. This is a rare opportunity to save lives and avoid needless warfare between two parties that are wise enough to engage in meaningful negotiation.

I lived through the Sessuar Incursion, where I saw my parents permanently die. I saw the chaos of the dissolution of the Emurian Empire. I fought in the savage Drake Wars of the Kingdom of Elan, and lived in the depravity and lawlessness of the Kingdom of Dragonreach that lead to the collapse of that nation. In my centuries of life on Tyrra I have seen much bloodshed and many conquerors come and go, and I see this as a chance to avoid repeating a pattern which has happened far too many times while bringing law, order and civilization to a wilderness.

In Service to the Crown of Willowdark I remain,
Cirin Icerider
Cirin Icerider

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Darrian Shaw Wed May 18, 2011 11:06 am

Lord Cirin Icerider,

While I appreciate your efforts to attempt to bring peace to these lands, I feel you are working are a radical group of adventurers, who do not want the same.

As for Avalon's Crown, your claim "They do not serve the Naringal Council " would be incorrect the Wizard whom has been occupying the Elven Tower for sometime now, give multiple opportunities to leave, serves as one the so called Council.

The attack on Myself was a direct attack by Avalon's Crown and the Council and such actions will not be tolerated!

You all have been warned, this is only the beginning!

Lord Darrian Shaw

Lord Darrian Shaw

Back to top Go down

Claim to land Empty Let's Us All Take Some Care

Post  Festizio Wed May 18, 2011 3:55 pm

To His Eminence the Lord Darrian Shaw,

As it seems your recent negotiations with your neighbors are destined to enter into a more vigorous stage, allow me to remind his Lordship that I and my ilk do not claim citizenship in either Naringal or Avalon's Crown. We remain, as ever, neutral trading partners to all parties. We would appreciate all sides remembering the lucre that our business adds to your national coffers, be you from Naringal or Evandarr. Business is business, and I'd prefer that business stay good. The Gypsies in the area are not valid military targets, and I promise that my feelings would be irreparably hurt if any poor fortune were to befall them.

With High Regards,

Festizio

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Fri May 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Lord Icerider is correct. I, Terik Locklain, will honor the claim of land by any free person. The Gypsy with the Golden Tongue is also correct. The Gypsies are a most welcome partner in trade.

Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum