LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

your opinion

3 posters

Go down

your opinion Empty your opinion

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:23 am

Free peoples of Naringal:

As you have heard we have a duke moving in and attempting to claim rule over us all. In response a council has been formed to discuss matters of who rules this area with said duke and other foreign entities. Those of us that have been chosen to be a voice need to hear what you have to say. Some of us did not request this responsibility but will do our best to represent ye. Please do not be silent let us know what ye think of the duke, our council, and the general state of Naringal. It saddens me that so many outside powers are now attempting to influence the lives of those that have fought and bled to eek out a meager life here in this hostile land.

Puppy version: we want to hear what you think of recent events and we know that life is hard here.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

your opinion Empty Re: your opinion

Post  Micha_Amasai Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:49 am

Member of the Counsel:

Terik Locklin - Representing the Order of Silver Lions
Micah Amasai - Representing the Mage's Guild and Guild Structure
Arvil Boulderbreaker - Representing the Dwarven Clans
Kelvaren - Representing Avalon's Crown
---
Vaylen Locklin - Shall serve as the Neutral Vote/Party should the counsel of 4 not reach a decision!

M
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:08 pm

By now, either by rumor or because I have said so directly to your ears, everyone knows my position on this upstart 'duke.' While it is true his title of nobility is patented and true, the idea of him stepping in to claim what we have fought and died for - some of us much longer than others - is intolerable. I find his presumption to divide the land of Naringal in half is somewhat arrogant and his ultimatum to 'take what was his' at the end of a two year cycle; that is everything below the Here Duin River, outrageous in that is nothing more than a thinly veiled threat. I am not saying the man is evil, just a pompous ass.

That being said, I believe it is a good idea for Naringal to be ruled by this august council who, all of its members having proven themselves trustworthy and goodly peoples, will rule fairly and without 'noble' bias. A democratic council - quite like how we Gorbe rule each other in Myrr - is a very enlightened form of government that allows for the opinions of the people, just as you have asked for here, to be voiced and heard.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:25 pm

So, us coming in and claiming lands in the supposed 'boarder' lands is not the same as the duke is trying to do now? I do love it when people enjoy 'free' land.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:34 pm

No one can truly own the land, as it belongs to itself and obviously struggles against anyone who would hold it (especially here). What we have to see is who is the best steward of the land and who will do it the most good. The foremost goal of the proper Steward would be to cleanse the land of that which seeks to harm it, such as the Hags. It will have to be seen what the foremost goal of this nobleman is. If his army can mount an offense against the evils in this land, well and good. If he and his army seek only to aggrandize himself and use the land and its peoples in some sort of political game... well we will see and take whatever action is necessary.

I do hope that whatever is deemed necessary is performed with the smallest cost of the lives of our peoples.

Winterlight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:39 pm

Better said Winterlight. Stupidity really, thinking you 'own' something because you write your names on it. If you want it, fight for it. Or blow it up like some of us do.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Blowing things up is a rather extreme (but entertaining) way of saying "If I can't have it, no one can" I therefore propose that if said nobleman attempts to take the land by force we leave him nothing to take in our settlements. The best thing to do if he decides to invade is to set up explosives and leave someone close by to detonate them when his army (doubtfully headed by him if he is a coward but one can be hopeful all the same) reaches the center of our settlement.

Destructively,
Winterlight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Certain traps don't need to have people stay behind to set the triggers, and with my own army behind me. Seems more fun to watch.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Ah, if we watch then we can pick of the stragglers as they run in fear. Much better that way.
-Winterlight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:52 am

I love the way the two of you think. Such an attractive quality in females, vicious and lovely. I heartily agree with you, by the way. If certain things come to pass and we are unable to hold Haven - and only if we are unable to hold Haven - I would recommend razing it to the ground rather than letting that usurping, arrogant, impotent, barely-conscious, pond scum get his filthy 'noble' hands on it. Plus, I have yet to see Ti Tie detonate one of her fairly famous explosions...I'd pay good gold to see that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouga Lunic Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 am

Kitty wernt you in the tavrrn i blew up?
Kouga Lunic
Kouga Lunic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum