LARP, LLC Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manifest Destiny

+3
Micha_Amasai
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manifest Destiny Empty Manifest Destiny

Post  Admin Thu May 06, 2010 9:41 pm

To all,

It has been awhile since I have posted a message to this bill concerning current issues. We are still working on a plan of attack on the ruins of Amrun Taury. But we have had set backs with the loss of our River Troll allies and increased attacks from the minions of the gate.

Yet, I have posted this message with good news for those interested in making their claim to the land of Naringal permanent. Since Haven is getting to the point of over flowing and the need for lumber has increased for homes, shops, wagons, etc.. We need to stake a claim on the lower portion of the Naer Fade Woods. The area I wish to be under our control is to far north for my patrols and the dwarven patrols to keep watch over regularly.

So, this brings me to the offer we wish to make to anyone willing to take on this task. If any frontersman, adventurer, business owner, etc.. wishes to stake a claim to any portion of this land, and hold it for one year or until you are unable to protect said lands. Elder Skarn Stoneforge and I will be willing to set up offical documents for land ownership. These documents will be grandfathered into what ever form of goverment we so deem to create.

If anyone is interested in this offer, we would like to get started no sooner then May 15, 610. If you have any questions concerning this offer you may contact me here at my war room in Haven.

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer
1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://swvnero.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Manifest Destiny Empty Re: Manifest Destiny

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu May 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer,

I am willing to join this attach on the Naer Fade Woods. I am greatly interested in acquiring some land for me use. I am in need of places to grow some of me special ingredients for me brews. While most can be cultivated underground, some must be grown on the surface. Your offer of land for taking and holding this land is too good for this Dwarf to pass up. You have my axes and shield. Now lets go take these woods!!

I will also lend me axe chopping ability to help harvest some lumber from these woods.

AB
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Thu May 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer,

It is great to hear from you! I hope all your endeavors are still going well, and the issue will the trolls may be solved/settled soon... I will be sending a messenger to you in Haven, as I have several things I will to discuss.

Until we meet again!

Micah
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

http://www.shopneroswv.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Mm, if the money if right I'm sure a few big booms could help out.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Thu May 06, 2010 10:26 pm

I have one question for you Captain. Have you had anyone scout these lands? If so what type of resistance forces have been noted there? I would assume we will encounter similar beasts and humanoids as those in Amrun Taury, I am just wondering if your scouts saw any new or different variation of creature in these woods?

Make that 2 questions: Are there and caves for TI Tie to blow up??? (Arvil goes to drink a VERY STRONG drink)

Respectively,
AB
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Micah,

I look forward to hearing from you and what ideas you have for our problem.

Ti Tie,

We won't be offering any coin for those going to this area, but I'm sure that you may find some either from those creatures that live there. Or maybe from some long forgotten stronghold, tomb, mine, ruins, etc...

Arvil,

Yes, this part of the Naer Fade Woods has been traveled for some time by you and other adventurers. We once had a caravan trail that went through the southern part of these woods from the Heren Duin River to Haven. Since the River Trolls have broken their treaty with us and Lord Ebonwyrm. We have set up a new dock east of Haven through the rocky highlands which Haven is surrounded by to the great river of Avalon. This is the same great river that flows from the north to Loch Naduwn and then south along the border of the lands of Naringal.

The area we wish to be claimed is half way to the ruins of Amrun Taury, the Barrows, the southern caves, the Bawnishall Mine, Haven, and the Heren Duin River. The total area of the southern part of the Naer Fade Woods is impossible for us to claim all of it. Just this part of the forest could be a small county unto its self. But what small part can be claimed will be a great victory to all those that call Naringal home.

I would expect to encounter goblins, worgs, orcs, ogres, spiders, etc.. I would also keep a look out for trolls of all kinds, hill giants, the minions of the gate (green hats and green patchworked tabards) and the ettercap minions (black hats and black patchworked tabards).

Any information about this territory that we don't currently know will be greatly appreicated.

1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaylen Thu May 06, 2010 11:53 pm

Good Captain,

I have decided to acquiesce to this arrangement for land procurement. The threat of impending doom and the constant struggle to defend a grime riddled slop of land from blood thirsty mongrels has to be more appealing than spending my days attempting to hone my arts in this abysmal dwarven hole. While the smell of sloshed swill and the barks of these hirsute behemoths have afforded me the torture of sanctuary, I count the sands till the day comes that I can find the requiem of solitude.

If I could make one request, I would like to find the most defiled land available. I have no talents in agriculture or animal husbandry; therefore a fertile land would be of no use to me. And while my earth magic’s give me an advantage of defense against the undead, I would be hard pressed to defend against the living.

That said, I look forward to reclaiming a slice of this land in the name of the higher races.
Vaylen
Vaylen

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Fri May 07, 2010 7:47 am

Vaylen my friend, this hairy behemoth will give you an abysmal hole in ye head. I to will be glad when ye humans leave Haven. Ye brethern can't even hold 6 pints of ale with out having trouble standing and spilling me good nectar. Also could ye please tell the other humans that water can be used for bathing, the smell of them is getting a bit hard to take.

I do agree you have no need of fertile ground, you be the only living creature I have ever seen that can't grow kudzu.

Now let's get to councuring this land.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Terik Fri May 07, 2010 8:54 am

(with a here-we-go-again roll of the eyes) Arvil, I'm sure my brother meant those words with the utmost affection. If it makes you feel any better, he has had much the same comments concerning the human towns we visit.

Captain, I wish to lay claim to an area adjacent to my brother, but I fear recent developments from my scouting patrol need my attention. I will send a runner to your location to discuss this in detail.

Ti Tie, I would appreciate it if you could assist my brother and my friends claim a small piece of this wilderness. I would be in your debt. By the way, the winds bring me a rumor of a runaway boat dock damaging a bridge in Willowdark. Any idea who could have caused that?

Luck to you all,
Terik
Terik

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Terik,

Depends on who you ask as to what really happened in Willowdark, the only words you will get from me is I believe it was just its time to be washed away by the water.

Ti tie (Little smiling vixen drawn beside it.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Siskananamuk Sat May 08, 2010 12:57 am

DAMN! i hope i'm not too late for this adventure! sounds like it'll be fun! from the way things are looking..being locked up in prison a few days ago, i am delayed in my arrival to haven. I really hope you guys don't leave without me!
Siskananamuk
Siskananamuk

Back to top Go down

Manifest Destiny Empty Aye

Post  Vincient_Valicker Sat May 08, 2010 5:49 am

Greetings!
I would like to lend my services (as limited as they may be). I care not where my plot of land is, as I'll probably just sell it anyways (any takers?). Last I heard from Brock, he was making some crappy swords or something. I never had much difficulty dragging him into a fight, so expect us both. I'm looking forward to seeing most of you again.. The one's that DON'T gas me.. You know who you are. -.-
Vincient_Valicker
Vincient_Valicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sat May 08, 2010 7:23 am

Vincient my friend I might be willing to purchase your land from ye if the price be right. As for gassing people I do think ye owe me a gold or two for the gasses ye were producing at the Drunken Dragon last night, no more Troll Dung and Dragon wings for ye!! Ye nearly ran off all me paying customers! Those were some foul smells, maybe Vaylen is ready to get away from Hoblings to continue his studies?
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 08, 2010 9:44 pm

To all,

I want to thank you for your support, but I need to clear up one thing. Most of you suggested having some plot of land marked out for you, like I stated before we don't have the resources this kind of venture. If we did we would have done it ourselves, this is why I've asked if you are willing go to this area to make your claim. We will give you the rights to it as long as you or your family, group, order etc.. can protect it.

Again I wish to thank you all for you offers but I suggest once you get to this area you will need to scout it out. This way you can make a map and plot out what land you wish to hold as your own. Now this scouting will probly some with costs in rooting out what beings hold this area if they are hostle to all of our goals. If you need anything from me before you all adventure north of Haven please ask and I will see what I can do for you.

1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sun May 09, 2010 9:16 pm

Captain Eric von Beckelheimer thank you for clearing up the matter of the land. I was thinking that ye had scouted the land and was offering tracks to us if we took and defended the land for a year. I ask that if we succeed in our year long task that the other adventures allow me to take a piece of land with a water source for me beer brewing needs. Now on to more current matters. from one of your previous responses to me you mentioned what matter of beasts we might encounter. I see minor difficulty in most of the creatures you mentioned, as most of them are easily killed in small numbers, in large groups they will prove to be difficult. I do see a couple of problem creatures, Trolls and Hill Giants. Trolls are very hard to kill (fire needed) and we currently only have one celestial caster joining our group so flame enhanced weapons and magics will be limited. Do ye know of any celestial casters we might persuade to join us on this adventure? or of anyone selling flame weapons? Hill giants may prove difficult to kill due to their great strength and fortitude. do ye have an suggestions on how best to kill them other than a group beat down?

I know Vaylen and Micha will be good against any undead and I have 2 silvered weapons. Does any other adventurer have a silver weapon?
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Arvil,

I don't know of any celestial casters other then the one you stated that is going with you. I would suggest getting some torches before you leave Haven. This way you can have them to burn the corpses of the trolls. Now for the lack of magical arms I would have your celestial caster memorize Turing's Aura of Enchantment. Also, for the Hill Giant I would try using Folson's Somnolent Vapors, Nyrina's Nerve Blocker, or Angelica's Spirit Evictor. But if you run out of these spells I would prepare for a long dragged out fight. It takes alot of damage to take down a giant with just damage spells and weapons alone.

1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Mon May 10, 2010 3:48 pm

As far as, Folson's Somnolent Vapors, Nyrina's Nerve Blocker, or Angelica's Spirit Evictor (One of my favorite spells). We should be alright with as far as Turing's Aura of Enchantment goes, I am not able to cast, nor cast off a scroll, while I am still practicing, it just seems to go wrong every time?

Thou Jut'sin is both capable of casting it, he is very limited, if you meet any merchant selling scrolls, those would be useful!....

It could be helpful if the rouges would equip themselves with Gases with the same spell effects.... Sleep and Paralysis. I do not know the effectiveness of gases on Giants, but it never hurts to prepare!.....

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know... I will be traveling with extra potions also! so if anyone needs anything let me know!

Micah Amasai
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Micah,

I'm glad you have most of those spells covered, as for scrolls you might be able to buy some when you look for torches. But gasses do not work on giants at all, from our experience. This will save some rogues the trouble of losing a gas or gasses when throwing them at giants.

1st Company of Naringal
Order of the Silver Lion

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 10, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Mon May 10, 2010 4:00 pm

That is good to know!.... I will be sure then to let Balatro know he doesn't need to focus on many of those gases!
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 9:20 pm

What about fire from traps? A hot foot is pretty good yes? If my gasses are useless.

Yeah, that room they had me in. Lasted 5 seconds with a big boom.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Micha_Amasai Mon May 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Tie Ti, so glad you made it out!... but now what exactly happened?
Micha_Amasai
Micha_Amasai

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Later, I need to find some new cloths first. I'm am waiting to know on my fire booms booms are as good as fire swords.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Sun May 16, 2010 7:27 am

Lets stay to the wooded areas and grasslands. I don't think we should go far into any cave.
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 16, 2010 4:44 pm

I agree with that. My threat still holds if you go in again, at least for our little traveling crew.

Ti tie

Back to top Go down

Post  Arvil Boulderbreaker Mon May 17, 2010 9:43 pm

I am thinking that we should stick close together for protection and to help each other construct the buildings and fields we need. I have claimed some land next to the Amasia holdings. I am beginning to clear the land with my axe. I offer to chop the trees as my axe will cut them better than a sword. We can stack the trees up to form a wall around our holdings. Ounoco will soon be joining me and claiming a parcel adjacent to me (as head of his clan he had to be home for the naming ceremony of the newest Badger clan warrior). Brock, Vincient, Lucian, Terik, and Vaylen when you decide to claim your parts of the land please consider staying close to the others in the group. Brock I am sending a pigeon home in hopes that some of me Dwarven kin will join me here, I think they should be able to help you construct a forge in the area. Ti Tie I purposely picked a plot away from your shop so that my barley, hops, and wheat would survive assuming that we can hold this land. Does anyone know of a carpenter or mason we could hire to help construct a stronghold?

AB
Arvil Boulderbreaker
Arvil Boulderbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum